- Also check our best rated Photography Book reviews
Fine Art Printing for Photographers: Exhibition Quality Prints with Inkjet Printers Paperback – 11 Oct 2006
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The bulk of the book is actually screenshots of how to use various pieces of software and hardware, taking up a lot of space but providing virtually no or little information. Since the book was published in 2006, and it's now 2012, all of the screenshots and accompanying text is obsolete. And even back in 2006, this information is basic information that would be included with the instructions for the device you bought.
You do have to have familiarity with Photoshop CS 2 or later. Befroe you print, take the author's advice about calibrating your monitor, and especially about setting the brightness.
There's a logical progression from calibrating your printer up through printing and presenting the work. Although there is a lot of detail, it's presented well enough so that you don't drown in it.
The only criticism I have is that the first 55-60 pages seem to have been written or perhaps revised without good editing, so there's some annoying duplication of information about paper weight and thickness, among other things. Apart from that, it's an excellent manual for making prints suitable for display.
As a minor issue, there are a number of places where a good editor could have tightened up the prose, added a clarifying sentence, or removed a germanic grammatical construction. Maybe for the next edition the authors could engage a more discerning editor. However, this does not affect the book's overall clarity.
One of the pleasures of this book is its design, with beautiful examples of the authors' own work, and a very extensive list of references for further information.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Art Issues
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Digital Photography
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Reference
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Manipulating & Editing Photographs
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Techniques & Tips
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation