on 17 December 2015
Good points: really easy to set up and use providing you don't miss place your keys and wallet at the same time.
Bad points: when tested, with the fob on a set of keys and the other in a wallet, the volume of the key fob was reasonable, but the volume of the sound coming from inside the wallet while both in your hand was hardly audible. Therefore if my wallet was truly lost, I don't think I would be able to find it even if I was in the same room unless I was within a foot of it.

Summary: now that's it's bought I will carry on using both the key fob and the unit in my wallet, mainly to find my keys should they get misplaced.
on 21 January 2018
Having read a previous review, I bought this to help my father after he lost his keys and wallet separately on three occasions in one week (he suffers from Alzheimer’s). It works well as long as he stands in the middle of the room and presses the button. It gives both him and me peace of mind that if he loses one or other of the items, he will be able to find it easily.
on 21 June 2014
Bought my first FOFA's two years ago and they have been a godsend. They take all the stress out of mislaying keys, wallet etc which unfortunately I do quite regularly! What is great is that every unit can find any other unit so you don't have the worry of mislaying your locator. Also even if the lost keys are, perhaps, buried under a sofa cushion so you can't hear the bleeping sound initially, the unit you are using as a finder will tell you by bleeping and flashing fast that it has found the one you are looking for, so at least you know you are in the right area. These are robust units. I find the battery life is around 6 months so OK there is a cost to keeping them running but it more than pays for itself in reduced stress. I was reminded of this recently when one unit and keys went missing and the battery had run down - there were 5 very stressful days. In the end I found they had fallen under a mat and I had wheeled my office chair over them. The battery in the FOFA was dented and the LED no longer works but the unit functions fine still as a locator and also as a sounder - quite impressive! Decided to get some more so as to protect myself in future as there is nothing as good on the market.
on 16 August 2016
Do not buy - I often end up miss placing things and I thought this would help but its terrible. The range is so bad that even when your next to it the thing doesn't work. The wallet 'card' is far chunkier than it looks and took up too much space in my wallet. You have been warned!
2 people found this helpful
on 27 February 2015
I bought this for my boyfriend as he's always losing either his keys or his wallet.

It was easy to set up and it's already been useful several times.

I would say that if the missing item is inside something, the alarm noise can be quite hard to hear. We've had it two months so far and it's still working, but I can see that if the battery died suddenly it would be pretty annoying as others have commented!
on 31 July 2012
We've had this gadget for a couple of months now and it's brilliant. It has a good range and had saved me lots of searches (which normally leave me in a bad mood)!
13 people found this helpful
on 4 March 2013
This really works. I have one on key ring and base angling in hall so when I mislay my keys I just call them and they conveniently respond! You do need to be in reasonable range - in same or adjoining room, doesn't work if you leave them at a friends house! We worked out I tend to leave my keys in one of 5 or 6 places so tracking them down with this device is easy. I am going to add more units to it and attach them to kids!
2 people found this helpful
on 12 August 2014
Excellent gadget. Works perfectly. I used the sticker provided to stick it to the back of my Kindle after spending a whole day trying to find it anywhere in my house. I never lose it now. I'll do the same for my Nexus 7.
I have recommended it to many friends who like me have problems with their short-term memory!!
You can also play games with it with the grand-children....
on 29 April 2017
Not impressed expecting these to be better, far too bulky.
on 22 May 2013
I recently lost my keys, but found them again after a couple of weeks.
I've been searching the market for different solutions (including bluetooth and apps), but this solutions is properbly the best for me.
It's a cheap solution that works like it's supposed to, and I like that you have the oppertunity to "expand" the solution with more trackers.

If you're afraid of loosing your keys or wallet, I can only advise you to buy this kit!