on 15 May 2017
Delivered a lot sooner than expected, can't wait to replay this classic with the walkthrough. The book is in really good condition.
on 1 October 2017
Very happy with product quality.
on 16 July 2001
well where do i begin, this guide has 196 pages all colour pages for beginners and experienced gamers. This guide has the maps for each level, and the maps are right next to the guide ( i mean if your on the balamb garden section of the game on the next page will be the maps ) this is excellent because i have read some reviews of the american ''brady games guide'' and they say that the maps are at the back of the guide (?!) and that the brady games guide has some info missing that is not the case with this ''Authorised Collection Guide''. Now with the guide, this guide has around 30 pages for the intro, 90 pages for the walkthrough, 16 pages for info on juctions,g.fs and magic, around 30 gages for the info on ALL the monsters, 12 pages on all the items and weopen upgrades, 10 pages on how to play the triple triad ( thats the card game if you was wondering) 9 pages on ALL the secrets and the last pages has ''the world map'' and index. I hope my guide was helpfull.
VINE VOICEon 2 September 2003
This book is fantastic its full colour pages are packed with information, screenshots and maps. I’d been playing the game for absolutely ages and just couldn’t figure out what to do in Ultimecia’s castle so I eventually resorted to buying this guide and I’m glad I did. Everything is clearly described and it’s not just a walkthrough there are lists of monsters, cards, weapons and even details on characters and guardian forces. The only problem with it is that once I finished my game I wanted to start again and work my way through all the secrets described in the book A very worthy purchase to accompany the game.
on 5 October 2002
This is a very good book, containing a lot of secrets. The only thing I don't like is all the secrets and cards are at the back of the book, although they are referenced in the text, you have to flick back and forth. Also some people might miss the references and miss out on the secret, but if the article was written on the same page it would be easier to find. Overall, a very worthwhile purchase!
on 31 May 2011
Ok this guide, much like all of Piggyback's, is awesome BUT it has a few errors in the tables and descriptions that while seemingly trivial are annoying to no end if you have been planning ahead using the guide as information.

An Example:

In the tables where items are converted into spells it says that you can get "100 Firagas for 1 Phoenix down" - THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!

Ok, I may seem a little OCD but I planned and played the game for like 35 hours even before I got to Dollet having played the Card Game in Balamb for 30 hour to acquire hundreds of cards to later refine into items for almost all the ultimate weapons and spells and then what is this? My phoenix downs DO NOT convert into Firagas. Grr!!!

In all seriousness though, these guides are amazing, they are so much better than Brady Games too - I have bought two Brady Games guides before and found them to be missing and awful lot.

Nevertheless, this is truly an outstanding guide for an awesome game - well worth the money; you won't regret it.
on 29 January 2002
This book is great, its just what I needed. There is so much you can miss out in this great game, but this guide helps you find it all. I particularly like the Political Map of the FF8 world, and the secrets section, but its all good, useful material. If you have FF8, buy it now, a great book for one of the best games ever ( i havent played FF7 yet, thats next, then FF9, then i'll have to get a PS2, hopefully they wont be £200 then :) )
on 5 April 2002
This is a very detailed strategy guide, including everything I expected from it and more. I especially like the characters section where you can see some stunning original artworks of the characters.
The guide is packed full of maps which I found extremely useful on several occasions. The secrets section is also very imformative.
Also, another good point about this book is that it doesn't give much away. By that, I mean that sequences such as the ending are left for the player to witness, instead of accidentally reading about it in the guide, thus ruining the game (at least it would for me).
I would highly recommend this item.
on 15 February 2002
This book is an almost perfect guide to an almost perfect game. All the information you could want is there, whether you are a beginner or an experienced player. Maps are available for all the major locations, and there are three complete world maps, all with different information so you can easily find your way around the world.
However, there are some annoying flaws which could be easily rectified:
1. The monster list seems to be in no particular order which makes reference to it slow and annoying
2. Information on abilities is similarly random, which means that any information you want is probably there, but finding it can be tiresome and frustrating
3. All the itmes in a given location are listed in the walkthrough, but not always shown on the map. This caused me to spend ages wandering around some locations looking for something that I knew was there but couldn't find.
However, these are minor points, and this book is so useful that they almost don't matter.
on 23 September 2008
In terms of a strategy guide for Final Fantasy VIII, it's unbeatable.
But in terms of a Piggyback brand guide, it's not the best.

Quite a lot less pages compared to guides for games such as FFX and FFX-2
Perhaps due to fewer content but meh...

It could be a little more reader friendly also, finding the information you need can be rather annoying at times, for these reasons I give it 3 stars. For being the best guide you can currently get for FFVIII I give it another star.
4/5*

Good product really, worth buying.