on 23 August 2015
Some people call this the most confusing piece of work they've ever read, seen, witnessed, layed eyes upon, or experienced. But with a tiny bit of background research, and I mean a quick look at a synopsis of a few graphic novels. I got the grasp of it pretty fast. In fact, I don't think that much 'research' was necessary.

The art is fantastic, both by J G Jones and Doug Manhke. The story involves a lot of characters but they all serve the story well. The best thing about this book is the fact that the story as a whole feels extremely large and epic in scale. And that there really is a sense of universal stakes. But while it does all that, there are great personal victories for certain characters. Grant Morrison is known for his wacky and unusual style of writing. But for me, at least, it works wonders. There is so much wackiness to like. And it never feels....Weird?

One thing I advise is to pay deep attention at all times. You notice things here and there that will make you go "OHHH". It's really worth it. Amazing plot lines, yes.. PlotlineS. There are a few subplots to keep things interesting but none are wasted. It all comes together perfectly in the end. And Superman's own story, Superman Beyond, is incorporated very well into the story. I'm glad they decided to include it as it wasn't in the planned 7 issues.
on 6 February 2013
The forces of apocaylpse are on earth in human bodies and are conspiring to unleash anti life on the populace.
But in a brilliant twist the bad guys win ,they enslave most of humanity including wonderwoman and use them as soldiers to round up the rest.Resistance is crumbling as watchtowers around the world are falling one by one .In a last ditch effort to turn the tide alan scott orders all meta humans to converge on the secret blud haven headquarters of the evil new gods.The story is truley brilliant ,its keeps uping the ante until all of creation is at stake.Batman faces off against darksied ,superman against the antimonitor .
AS is often the case with these stories the plot is covered in dozens of different publications and are not all presented here.Would be nice if just once they included all parts of the story
on 2 May 2017
One of the most boring and nonsensical comics that I ever had the misfortune to read.
It goes on and on, over-trying to explain why it's plot is occurring and never explains the plot properly. Half the time, I hadn't a clue what was going on. I still don't actually... It's it just happening in one world or is it on every earth in the multiverse, or every planet in the multiverse?? Haven't a clue.
Rubbish!!!
on 4 March 2018
One of the most poorly written comic books I have ever had the misfortune to read. Stopped making sense very quickly and never started again. I only stuck with it in the misguided hope that it would get better. Having done that, my only ray of light is that I have read this so you don't have to. Please, comic fans, save your money.
on 1 December 2015
First time I've bought a kindle comic book and I was not disappointed. Good to see the return of a classic character. Not quite a 5 for me because it failed to hold my attention a few times but all in all excellent story telling and art.
on 23 February 2015
I'm not an avid comic book reader. Just upon occasion i will have a read, but I know most of the back stories to most comic heroes and villans.
I have to say some very nice ideas within the story but I always felt like I was missing something, like parts of the story were missing. It was still a good read but it felt clunky and clumsily written to me.
on 30 July 2017
This story is needlessly complicated. Also it requires many readings to understand it, not because it is deep of profound, the plot is just do disjointed.
on 12 October 2017
fast delivery, book was acceptable quality
on 5 December 2015
5/5 it is a good read with a good story
on 17 May 2016
Art is good story is complicated and very confusing I read and it was quite confusing but good in a weird way plus does any girls want to go out