on 12 September 2001
I had great hopes of this book.Dealing with a subject as wide and potentially exiting as John Carpenters movies,of which I am a fan,I expected lots. However what I got was a wealth of information,credible but boring,by the end of the book I had almost lost the reason why I bought it in the first place. I would have prefered at least a few colour photographs,even the black and white ones were few and far between.Purists may say that the mass of information and atmospheric black and white photos suit the subject.Not me,for someone as vastly entertaining and thought provoking as John Carpenter,I felt a little punch would have been better. All in all,a good book for the anorak not for the fan!
on 20 October 2014
A terrific, passionate appraisal of John Carpenter's work, with many interesting tidbits about the making of the films and how they were received at the time of their release. After reading this book, you'll want to re-watch all of Carpenter's movies.
on 6 March 2016
My son loves this book good read