From the Back Cover
"I know of nobody more suitable than Bryan Stoller to author a manual on how to get a film made."
- Make professional movies, from feature films to digital Internet shorts
- Use the latest technology and software
- Edit and distribute your film
- Create first class home movies
Now updated! Your step–by–step guide to turning your filmmaking dreams into reality
So you want to make movies? Whether you′re looking to go pro or create quality home movies, renowned filmmaker Bryan Michael Stoller shares his extensive hands–on experience in shooting a successful film. From developing a script and securing financing to editing and working in high definition, he reveals secret tips for capturing great moments on film even on a tight budget!
- Tell your story explore the different genres and write (or find) a screenplay
- Gear up and start production choose the right camera and format, scout a location, and hire the right cast and crew
- Add the finishing touches edit your scenes, set your movie to music, incorporate sound effects, and more
- Get your film in front of an audience enter film festivals and find a distributor
- Grasp the latest technology understand the advancements in digital and HD; upload your movies to such sites as YouTube and MySpace
- Exclusive new interview gain invaluable insights from Alan Horn, President and COO of Warner Bros.
"From ′Fade In′ to ′Fade Out,′ from ′Action′ to reaction, Bryan Stoller gives us a comprehensive understanding of the art and science of making movies. Filmmaking For Dummies is the smartest book I′ve read on the subject."
Peter Saphier, co–producer of Scarface
Open the book and find:
- Filmmaking tips and secrets not found anywhere else
- Expert advice on choosing the best equipment and format to use
- New movie examples, photos, and figures
- The latest on new digital technology, including affordable HD camcorders
- Ways to generate publicity for your film
- Unique Web sites for the independent filmmaker
- Cost–saving tips for film stock and software
- Updated contacts and resources
About the Author
Bryan Michael Stoller is an international–award–winning filmmaker who has produced, written, and directed over 80 productions, including short comedy films, half–hour television shows, music videos, commercials, and feature films. He has worked with some of the biggest names in Hollywood, including actors and studio presidents.