Other Sellers on Amazon
Fijacion Oral Vol.1 [CD + DVD]
|Price:||£10.50 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Limited Edition with a bonus DVD featuring interview and behind-the-scenes footage. Shakira returns with part one of a recording spree she conducted after her last world tour. 'Fijacion Oral' (meaning Oral Fixation') Volume 2 will be released later on in 2005.
It's thrilling--in any language--to hear new music from Colombian superstar Shakira. And it's been a long time coming. Shakira's English crossover opus, Laundry Service, was released in 2001. The Spanish Donde Estan Los Ladrones came three years before that. Fijacion Oral, Volumen 1 is the first of two new discs; an English counterpart is due in November. Shakira's bleating, biting voice is in fine form, and it gives the material an electric urgency. She's girlish and innocent during the glittering "Dia de Enero" and sensual and seductive amid the thundering beats of "Lo Imprescindible." A talented stable of producers, including former Soda Stereo vocalist Gustavo Cerati, has swathed Shakira in rhythm-based arrangements. But the album's best moments come when she channels her inner--and innate--rock goddess. "La Tortura" is a hurts-so-good break-up duet with Alejandro Sanz, and "Escondite Ingles" rides a beach-party guitar groove. Includes a bonus DVD featuring the "La Tortura" video, "The Making of Fijacion OraI" and "Conversation with Sanz". --Joey Guerra
Top Customer Reviews
1. En Tus Pupilas (In Your Pupils) - 4/5 Great song, nice to now that Shakira can speak/sing in French too!
2. La Pared (The Wall) - 5/5 Very different but good feel, to most of the other songs on the album, very "sing-along if you know the words" kindov song
3. La Tortura (The Torture) - 5/5 Very good, but I'd assume since you're reading this review, you've already heard it
4. Obtener Un Sí (To Obtain A Yes) - 4/5 Very different to the other songs, slightly romantic.
5. Dia Especial (Special Day) - 5/5 One of the best on the album, bit like La Pared
6. Escondite Inglés (English Hiding Place) - 5/5 Very..... undescribable
7. No (No) - 4/5 A slow song but is interesting
8. Las De La Intuición (Those of the Intuition) - 4/5 Very Disco-y beat
9. Dia de Enero (Day of January) - 5/5 This is also in a style which I can't really compare to anything else, but is very good.
10. Lo Imprescindible (The Essential Thing) - 5/5 Very Metal style song, but is definetly a good song
11. La Pared [Versión Acústica] (The Wall [Acoustic Version]) - 5/5 Same as La Pared but the only instrument is Piano. Fits the song very well.
12. La Tortura [Shaketon Remix] (The Torture [Shaketon Remix]) - 3.5/5 Definetly NOT terrible, but not as good as the original "La Tortura"
Over all, a REALLY REALLY good album. Well worth buying.
This is not just an example of excellent vocal talent but also a vibrant show of musical variety and competence. Shakira is truly an adept and fantastic musician; buy this album to see for yourself!
She seems to be singing in a much more grown up fashion, and the majority of the tracks are slow, there are only three faster tracks.
If you are a Shakira fan and enjoy listening to latin music .. then this CD is a must!! Regardless of wether you understand spanish or not .. you will enjoy this wonderful album!
Standout tracks for me are; En Tus Pupilas which is a beautiful, warm ballad sung if both French and Spanish, the 70's tango ballad 'Obtener Un Si' which is just extraordinary and without a doubt a career highlight, the beautiful mid-tempo pop of 'Dia Especial' which just exudes warmth, and half way through reminds me of 'The Killers'... The backing to 'La Pared' sounds inspired by 'Sweet Dreams' by Eurythmics, and develops into a stunning mid-tempo latin track, with piano perhaps inspired by Coldplay? (This track reappears as a stunning acoustic version later in the album) A real mix of inspirations... The single, 'La Tortura' is a duet with Alejandro Sanz and has a really traditional sound. This version of the album comes with an additional remix, which makes it harder, more electronic and less traditional. 'escondite Ingles' sounds very 80's, rock guitar in the chorus, and a quirky intro which reminded me slightly of Madness. This is an off-beat, quirjy track which fits well.
'No' is a beautiful ballad, with stunning accompaniment. 'Las de la Intuicion' is a wonderful, upbeat pop track, full of life and as poppy as this album gets, but still with a genuine maturity - not as full on as 'whenever, wherever'. 'Dia de enero' is a pleasant mid-tempo balld, with a sweet chorus. 'Lo Imprescindible' is another mid-tempo track, with an interesting break mid-way.
The accompanying dvd offers a very intimate interview (filmed by Alejandro Sanz) which is insightful and personal, and comes with an ok 'making of' and the La Tortura video.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is the 1st of Shakiras spanish records that i have listened too, and i have enjoyed it immensely. Read morePublished 24 months ago by Matt
NB: this is a selection of a review I have written for the box set containing volumes 1 and 2 and a bonus DVD. Read morePublished on 7 May 2014 by Mark Syder
Excellent CD would recommend to any shakira fan our there great songs and a truly amazing voice one of her best albumsPublished on 9 April 2014 by bee
The cd is great-just a couple of repeat tracks from other releases. Forget the dvd. A waste of viewing time.But overall a great cd,
by itself worth 4.5 stars.
Having given up on finding this in a shop i was delighted to find it here. Although my spanish is basic, thr lyrice aeem to be far more heartfelt and am delighted with the cd. Read morePublished on 26 July 2013 by ChrisJ