on 7 September 2017
GREAT
on 20 January 2012
My professor recommended this female version of this book as he has used the older version for the past 20 years or so. As the price was pretty good I decided to buy this version as well. It is really helpful as an introduction to fashion drawing as well as a reference book to keep for the rest of my career. The illustrations and guidelines are particularly helpful for difficult parts of the body such as the hands and the section on technical drawing is informative and practical. While there is some repetition from the female version, the difference are significant enough that it has certainly made this a worthwhile addition to my bookshelf.
on 1 October 2014
Being an artist I have often wondered why drawings for clothes design were so awful. Having now ventured into designing mens wear I needed some instruction on the rules even though I am skilled in portraiture. This book is fantastic on several accounts.

Firstly finding a book specifically on drawing menswear was as rare as hens teeth, so finding this book was a blessing. The real suprise was the superb instruction on drawing the male figure, this alone was worth buying the book, it could be used for anyone studyng portraiture art regardless of being interested in mens fashion. The next section on the clothes itself was fantastic not only showing how to draw the clothes but explaining with clear visuals how the clothes hang on the body.

The third section shows the different types of media that can be used to colour the designs. The designs look professional and of superb quality unlike most of the poor designs I have seen elsewrhere. There are a lot of templates which seem to cover all the types of clothing for men which can be adapted to ones own designs.

With 400 pages of clear drawings in a large format I cannot praise and recommend this book enough. As I am an artist myself I am highly critical of art, I do not give praise easily. I give this book 5 stars!!!!
on 20 August 2012
Im currently studying fashion design. I focus on menswear. This book has helped me with my figure drawing and final illustrations. My drawing skills has got even much more better after using this book. I think its a definite must have!. MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 24 February 2015
a very good book for students or anyone looking to better their drawing skills. this book has it all for mens fashion. getting better every day.
on 13 March 2014
If you are not an artist but wants to visualize your ideas it is a great help
to use the sketches as a basis for your own.
on 6 October 2013
i really liked it and male fashion figure drawing books are hard to find! It is quite thorough and helpful
on 26 February 2015
excellent
on 28 December 2013
it leans you how to draw the male body with cloths and with out the down fall America are a little taller than uk