on 21 May 2014
My old reliable PC is fine for browsing the internet, watching YouTube, playing oldish games or newer ones on low settings, etc. But I wanted a dedicated computer I could set aside just for gaming. I wasn't looking to spend more than £250 as that was my budget, and I have to say that this Fierce PC is one of the few that met the specifications I had in mind at that price. What shouldn't be expected, however, is a flawless top end PC for your money, as this computer does some things well and others not so well.

So far, I'm finding that RPGs such as Skyrim and Dishonoured look good and work fine - very happy with those. What the machine does struggle with, however, is anything that requires a lot of speed and fluidity. Therefore, driving games like Euro Truck Simulator 2 won't run as smoothly or look as great as it does on all those YouTube videos where people are playing it on the highest settings - this computer will only manage medium settings all round,and not run all that fast, either. The same goes for Need For Speed Most Wanted, which again requires you to make a choice between smoothness, speed and texture detail.

For about £250, though, it's pretty good, though without an operating system you will have to fork out more for that as none is included in the package. You can get a "refurbished" copy of Windows 7 for about fifty quid on Amazon. Therefore, we are looking at an outlay of around £300, which really isn't all that cheap. You will obviously need a monitor, a keyboard and a mouse, too, and a gaming controller too if that's what you like to use for your gaming.

Still, I can now play great titles that were well beyond the machine I already owned, and because of that I'm fairly happy.

An ideal score would be 3.5/5 stars.
on 8 September 2014
Quick delivery. The pc it's self wow handles everything with ease. Plays most games on high settings.
on 11 October 2014