Field Theories of Condensed Matter Physics Hardcover – 28 Feb 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Presenting the physics of the most challenging problems in condensed matter using the conceptual framework of quantum field theory, this book is of great interest to physicists in condensed matter and high energy and string theorists, as well as mathematicians. Revised and updated, this second edition features several new chapters.
About the Author
Dr Eduardo Fradkin is a Professor of Physics at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign and the current Director of the Institute for Condensed Matter Theory of the University of Illinois. He received his Licenciado (Master's) degree in Physics from the University of Buenos Aires in 1973 and his PhD in Physics from Stanford University in 1979. Fradkin is a condensed matter theorist, and has worked on gauge theory, frustrated and disordered systems, classical and quantum critical phenomena, strongly correlated systems, fractional quantum hall fluids and other topological phases of matter, high temperature superconductivity and quantum entanglement in quantum field theory and condensed matter.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > States of Matter
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics