A Field Guide to the Birds of China: Ornithology Paperback – 8 Jun 2000
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
...a much needed addition to the world of birding fieldguides, which will immediately be welcomed, not just for being there, but also for having excellent clear illustrations. good clean distribution maps (thanks to David MacKinnon) and well written and comprehensive text. Fatbirder, birding reviews, November 2007
'This book would get the thumbs up even if there was an alternative available' Birdwatching
About the Author
John MacKinnon is Professor of Biodiversity Information at the Durrell Institute of Conservation and Ecology at the University of Kent in Canterbury, England. He is currently posted in the Philippines as head of a European Union project to set up an ASEAN Regional Centre for Biodiversity Conservation. He is Chairman of a Special Biodiversity Working Group that advises the Chinese Government on biodiversity matters, and formerly spent eight years living in China and Hong Kong working on a number of conservation projects in China. Apart from many technical reports on China he has published two other books on the country - Wild China and A Photoguide to the Birds of China. Among several other books on natural history of Asia, he is also the senior author of A FieldGuide to the Birds of Borneo, Sumatra, Java and Bali which remains the standard bird guide to the Greater Sunda Islands.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I have 2 problems with this book.
First the artwork is not very good and second. the plates and the tex are on separate pages so if you want to read up on a species while out in the field you have to go to the back of the book and franticly flick through the pages and when you find the tex for the bird you are looking at. OH! its flown off.
Thanks for a very prompt delivery.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Birds
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Birds
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Fishing, Birdwatching & Other Outdoor Pursuits > Birdwatching
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Asia > China
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Guidebook Series