on 11 May 2004
My Granny says you can't mistake Topol's voice and, for once, I'm going to have to agree with her.
Topol manages to bring the character of Tevye to life only by uttering a few words, I don't know if it's the huskiness of his voice or the slight laughter that always seems to be underneath it but any song sung by him is bond to make you smile.
The soundtrack features all the songs from the movie plus an extra in the shape of 'Any Day Now' which was cut from the final film. A song that neatly sums up 'Fiddler On The Roof' is 'If I Were A Rich Man', after all, who wouldn't love to have lots of money and 'a great big house with rooms by the dozen'? I think this'll appeal to anyone who's ever had such a dream.
on 8 March 2004
This soundtrack is one of the best in my collection. Every single song is included, which is more than can be said for some soundtracks, and every one sounds authentic. My favourite song has to be............... all of them! They are great to sing along to and they are definitely worth it for the price I paid for them!
hint: the best thing to do with this soundtrack is to turn the volume up really loud and pretend to be Topol!
on 7 May 2014
Got this for my brother who has spent the last eight months in hospital.
He loves his music and the musicals.
Playing this for him got response like trying to sing along with it and tapping his toes.
Due to an accident and damage to his brian,his life has change forever.
Seeing these little responses has been good for us all, as its helping what progress he is making.
on 15 June 2014
Pleased as can be.
Once again,when other stores failed,I was able to locate a copy of this CD after watching a recent local Am/Dram production.I was not disappointed by the content,delivery,speed of delivery or anything.
I trusted Amazon and once again they never let me down,and the price was right too
Paul A Taylor
on 11 January 2011
FANTASTIC i have watched this so many times in the past on video, and decided to order the dvd, i abso love Topol any way and the music is awesome, it really is oneof my fave films , worth watching if you want to see different cultures religions and family life in another country but just for the fantastic acting of topol is enough :)
on 24 July 2006
I have come to adore Fiddler on the Roof, and the infectious nature of the music has to be heard to be believed.

This new edition with various unheard before moments this is worth purchasing by anyone who loves musicals.
on 19 November 2009
If you love the film, then this soundtrack is great - all the wonderful songs from the show, just as you remember them on screen.
on 20 May 2014
Fantastic album- all the music brings the film back into sharp focus. I saw the film when it was first released and still own the vinyl LP Topol's voice is wonderfully rich and each song tells its own story. This is a must have for lovers of the film.
on 17 June 2013
Love the songs on this cd which tells the story of this family. Especially 'Sunrise, Sunset' which is one of my favourites. Have now purchased the film to watch again. Delivered quickly from this seller. Highly recommended.
on 14 June 2010
I recently bought the DVD of Fiddler on the Roof having not seen it for many years and instantly fell in love with it all over again. I love the songs so it made sense to buy the CD, I made sure I bought the songs as I knew them from the film version with Topol there are various versions out there. Now my daughter who's only 5 and I sing along together regularly to the CD she absolutely loves it too. Well worth buying.