Customer reviews

Fiddle Time Sprinters + CD: A third book of pieces for violin
Format: Sheet music|Change

on 19 June 2017
on 23 August 2017
My 2 kids learned a lot and enjoyed the variety of styles.
on 24 April 2015
love the CD which makes practising much easier
on 29 March 2016
My daughter needs this for her violin lessons. Plenty of tunes and the cd has good quality accompaniment tracks.
on 10 November 2015
Delivered quickly and a good book.
on 19 August 2016
Just what my favourite little violinist needed.
on 21 October 2016
Arrived punctually and as advertised.
on 29 August 2011
I bought this book for my son on the recommendation of his teacher. He is around grade 3 standard but wanted a book to build his repertoire and skills in addition to exam pieces (which gets rather boring after a while) and develop his playing towards grade 4. There is a really good selection of pieces by a variety of famous composers as well as the Blackwells themselves. My son seems to be enjoying playing the pieces which are stretching him. A good progression from the Blackwells' previous 2 books (joggers and runners).
on 3 July 2012
I bought this for myself. There's a bit of a shortage of fun pieces for people who are returning to playing long-abandoned instruments.
I love it. The tunes are fun and I find myself humming them whilst walking around the house.
There's a great range - from easily played, yet lyrical tunes, to real challenges. I'm not exactly a beginner, or new to music, having been a professional for some years, but I hadn't played a violin for 30 years.
I live in Spain and bought it through the Amazon.es store. It arrived in three days.
The accompaniments are really good and add atmosphere to each piece.
Thanks for these books - I wish they'd been around when I was learning some 40 years ago!
on 4 August 2012
Such good books. I am an adult who has come back to learning the violin. As I am teaching myself, I wanted a book with a CD and these books are perfect. A great selection of songs and various instruments accompany you on the CD. Perfect books for children and adults.