The Feverbird's Claw Hardcover – 1 May 2004
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Experience an introduction from the Resident Director, a Q&A session with the cast, and a special memento -- buy tickets
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The book centers around Moralin, a citizen of the city of Delagua, who one day sneaks outside the walls at the behest of her peers and has the bad luck to be abducted by the Arkera, a neighboring tribe. The Arkera spare her life because they admire her courage (against tradition, she was trained to fight by her grandfather Old Tamlin), and she finds herself forced to join their tribe, although she never gives up dreaming about escaping back to her home. At last she has the chance to escape, and the rest of the book follows her return to Delagua (and her dawning realization that the world is not quite as simple as she originally believed).
I highly recommend this book; although violence and death are certainly a part of this world, they do not dominate the story the way they do in a lot of other fantasy. The world is fascinating, the characters interesting, and the ending highly satisfying. A great read for kids and adults alike.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > Family, Friends & Social Issues
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Books > Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Books > Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > General