Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Fitbit

on 23 March 2016
This book is more than just a manual to maintain your Stratocaster. I read this for entertaiment on the commute to work.

It covers the following and more:

1. Buying a Stratocaster.
2. Knowing a vintage and American Standard Stratocaster.
3. Setup and tuning a Stratocaster. (Covers bridge, tuners, tremolo, neck and more)
4. Repairs, maintenance and adjustments. (Covers Tools required, 3-month checks, Earthing, Paint repairs, Pickup replacement & Wiring, Nut Adjustment, Micro Tilt adjustment, Truss Rod adjustment and more)
5. Case studies on vintage and modern Stratocasters with differences between them and how to setup.
6. Well known Stratocaster players and their own guitar setups.

I purchased this book becasue I made a purchase of an American Stratocaster Deluxe and didn't want to tinker with it without making sure I knew what I would be doing. The setup my guitar came with is perfect for my style of playing so I am looking to just maintain this. The book explains things in detail and there are plenty of pictures to asssit you should you need to make changes such as higher or lower gauge strings.

I really wanted to know how to adjust the Truss Rod, use the Micro Tilt and know a bit more on the locking tuners and bridge setup. The book covers all these things.

This book doesn't cover the new features on the 2016 Elite range of Stratocasters but a you will still find a lot of the information relevant, you'll learn alot and I really like the case studies.

If you have never setup a guitar yourself I would not recommend you try anything on an expensive one, I got a cheap Squire to practise on, so be careful.
on 9 April 2017
I wish I'd had this book or one like it when I bought my first Strat back in 2008. I was for a long time fearful of doing anything to it other than cleaning it, changing the strings and tuning it. Now, however, I'm quite adept at basic maintenance tasks. Thanks to this excellent volume I know I am not going to wreck my £1000 guitar and I am confident that I'll always get it back together the way it's meant to be and sounding as good as new or possibly better.
When you get to know Strats - I mean more than one Strat - you come to appreciate that there have been literally hundreds of little variations to the basic theme over the years. For instance, we have two - one made in the USA in 2006 and one made in Mexico in 2015 - and at a glance they look the same - however, once you dig down and examine all the components closely you realise that there are dozens of little differences - some very minor matters of detail and others that are more substantial. The beauty of this manual is that all the bases are covered - Mr Balmer has chosen a range of Strats to examine which expose all the variations the reader is likely to encounter in any particular guitar - even if it is not one which features in his case studies section. Thanks to this book what was formerly bewildering is now seen as a logical progression.
So it's 'well done' to Mr Balmer for an excellently useful volume and thanks for all the help it has provided - that's certainly got to be worth five stars.
on 11 March 2017
This Hayes style manual gives me enough confidence to be able to fiddle around with my guitar without totally destroying it. It's a lot more trustworthy than googling the answer!
on 2 April 2016
Such an awesome book. Everything you need to know about Fenders!
on 31 August 2014
If you are a Fender Stratocaster owner this book is worth every penny.The book is well written and provides valuable information for setting up your guitar to perfection.
on 17 December 2016
Perfect great quality item 👍🏽
on 29 June 2017
Interesting reading.
on 14 June 2017
Very useful manual
on 7 March 2017
Excellent for info, set up or repair.
on 10 November 2014