Top positive review
6 people found this helpful
Much more than a manual.
on 23 March 2016
This book is more than just a manual to maintain your Stratocaster. I read this for entertaiment on the commute to work.
It covers the following and more:
1. Buying a Stratocaster.
2. Knowing a vintage and American Standard Stratocaster.
3. Setup and tuning a Stratocaster. (Covers bridge, tuners, tremolo, neck and more)
4. Repairs, maintenance and adjustments. (Covers Tools required, 3-month checks, Earthing, Paint repairs, Pickup replacement & Wiring, Nut Adjustment, Micro Tilt adjustment, Truss Rod adjustment and more)
5. Case studies on vintage and modern Stratocasters with differences between them and how to setup.
6. Well known Stratocaster players and their own guitar setups.
I purchased this book becasue I made a purchase of an American Stratocaster Deluxe and didn't want to tinker with it without making sure I knew what I would be doing. The setup my guitar came with is perfect for my style of playing so I am looking to just maintain this. The book explains things in detail and there are plenty of pictures to asssit you should you need to make changes such as higher or lower gauge strings.
I really wanted to know how to adjust the Truss Rod, use the Micro Tilt and know a bit more on the locking tuners and bridge setup. The book covers all these things.
This book doesn't cover the new features on the 2016 Elite range of Stratocasters but a you will still find a lot of the information relevant, you'll learn alot and I really like the case studies.
If you have never setup a guitar yourself I would not recommend you try anything on an expensive one, I got a cheap Squire to practise on, so be careful.