Feminist Geography in Practice: Research and Methods Paperback – 21 Jan 2002
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This is the first feminist geography text devoted to methodology and provides a basic framework for students wishing to undertake gendered work in the discipline. Accessible yet intellectually challenging, it encourages readers to take on, think about, and do feminist research in geography and offers practical suggestions for going about it.
The text comprises original contributions from feminist geographers around the world who address all aspects of the research process from choosing a topic and designing a project, through to conducting interviews, doing cross–cultural ethnographic research and analysing data. The varied backgrounds of the contributors illustrate the powerful impact feminist geographers are having on research, both in geography and in feminism. The book also features substantial pedagogical material, developed with students in the classroom, and including discussion questions, group project initiatives, research project topics, and suggestions for practical research activities.
To join the Feminist Geography in Practice discussion list simply send the message "sub FGIP " to email@example.com
"Feminist Geography in Practice offers a fast–paced field guide to feminist research in Geography…. One of the key contributions of this book is that it develops and demonstrates the understanding that feminist research always takes place at the intersection of the personal, the political, and the academic…. This is a timely textbook that represents the maturing of a field. It will be invaluable for courses in research methodology and in feminist geography, and it should be mandatory reading for students and practitioners who are undertaking – or want to undertake – research that is explicitly feminist." – Professor Joni Seager, The University of VermontSee all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > Women in History
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Methodology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Social & Cultural
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Women's Studies > Feminist Criticism