- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Feminist Edges of the Qur'an Hardcover – 5 Jun 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This book is indispensable for anyone wanting to have a richer understanding of how the Qur'an is read and interpreted within a feminist context. It is a wonderful synthesis of the work that has been done in the field thus far and provides tools necessary to seek out new avenues in understanding the Qur'an while still retaining a feminist spirit. (Hypatia: A Journal of Feminist Philosophy)
This book is a comprehensive introduction to the American Islamic feminist debate. (Dorieke Molenaar, Sehepunkte)
About the Author
Aysha A. Hidayatullah is Assistant Professor in the Department of Theology and Religious Studies at the University of San Francisco.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
'Feminist Edges of the Quran' helped me understand other opinions on translations, tafsir, etc. that are not as mainstream. Literally taking a look at the "edges" of Islamic thought and discerning different ideas. It's also generally well-written.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Literary Theory & Movements
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Islam > Koran
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies > Islamic Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Women's Studies > Feminist Criticism