Colour Name: Purple|Change

on 12 November 2011
I love this gel mouse mat. I have one at work which I use daily. My friend was having trouble with her wrist and fingers when she was using the computer, so I bought this as a present for her. She loves it and it has made a lot of difference to her wrist.Well worth the money and so comfortable to use. Also looks good. It was a lighter colour that the picture advertised. I would recommend this item to anyone.
on 15 February 2014
Being a graphic designer, I'm used to using a mouse for a ridiculous number of hours per week, months after month year after year, but after several years, the RSI in my mouse hand got so bad that it was excruciating, I spent a great deal of time researching alternative mouses first so that my hand wouldn't have to pivot at the wrist unnaturally high (Yes - I've used the same wireless laser mouse for years as it's so damn good) but acknowledge that the mouse and my chosen line of work are doing my RSI no good. I looked at Apple Magic Mouse (£60) and Logitech T400 (£20) and Microsoft Arc Mouse (£45), among others - all of which offer a better ergonomic fit so that your hand is much flatter and the angle at which the wrist pivots is almost parallel to the desk (has to be good) however read an awful of of reviews suggesting the level of accuracy and response was not as high as it needs to be if you have a job like, Graphic Design, for example. High level of response and accuracy with zero lag are critical. So £60 is a lot of money for a mouse right, a rip-off in my opinion.

I considered gel mouse pads/supports as an alternative to spending a lot of money on a mouse, and therefore taking a chance on it being accurate and responsive enough at great cost. The gel mouse mat is a cheap way to tackle the RSI problem. This will sound like complete bu****it but from day one, my RSI has been practically non-existent. The gel pad raises the wrist and hand, allowing the hand to use the mouse at practically a horizontal level - eliminating the need to bend my wrist unnaturally for hours on end. I was very skeptical about buying this at first but as it was cheap (£6.00 less expensive than the high street retailers) I considered it worth writing off if unsuccessful. I since bought another so I have one for the office and one for home. Some reviews suggest the actual mouse surface is poor quality and peels off, but after 3 months, it's still like new and I can tell you I'm fussy as hell but have found this to be incredibly good.

5 stars for price, quality and fit for the purpose for which it was designed. Don't delay - buy one (or two) today.
55 comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 May 2016
Although I've only been using it for a day now, I think this is the best mouse mat I've ever bought.

A mouse mat is something most people just take as a cheap surface to make sure that your mouse actually works, rather than bare on the desktop but I've made the mistake in the past merely to buy the cheapest available & think that's OK. Wrong.

This Fellowes Gel Mouse Pad is a Rolls-Royce of mouse mats, if there can be such a thing, as it isn't a car.

The surface area is more than adequate to navigate a 22" monitor with very little movement of the mouse: in fact I've had to slow down the cursor speed to half its previous speed, such is the way my old Logitech M510 laser mouse loves its surface. I didn't realise that the fabric surface of my previous mats slowed down the speed & precision of the mouse to that extent.

It sticks to the desktop like a limpet due to a kinda gel-like underbelly & doesn't move about at all. You have to physically lift it up to reposition it slightly on your desk. Which is good.

Everyone who spends hours on a computer should have a gel wrist support, to avoid RSI & this one is very cool. Very long, wide & generous.

And, strangely, also cool to the touch wrist-wise. It feels cold & clearly the cluster of blood vessels & nerves in that part of your wrist benefit from this & you can roll your hand along it to cool your hand also, as it's so long.

All in all, a tremendous mouse mat but don't forget to slow down your cursor speed when first using it as the pointer'll just shoot off the screen, the surface is so optical/laser mouse-friendly, I kid you not.
on 15 May 2009
This is my second identical mousepad, so I'm pretty satisfied with them. But a little bit longer mousepad surface would be nice, I sometimes hit the (slightly raised) upper edge with mouse. I suppose it depends on how you hold the mouse...
on 19 January 2016
I started having wrist problems a few months ago, and I decided to switch my work mouse pad to one of these.
Proved to be a great buy, and I ended up buying another one for home use.
After approximately 3 months of usage my wrist pain is all but gone.
I use a computer both at work and at home, regular use ranging between 6 to 14 hours a day for both office work and gaming, and this proved to be perfect for office work. However for gaming, it lacks size, and depending on your mouse's dpi you might find yourself going off the mouse pad.
on 17 November 2010
This is an acceptable product, the surface works well with an optical mouse and the wrist pad (the reason for purchase) is comfortable. The downer is that these mouse-mats do curl as others state and it curls from new but not too much to start with. The base is very sticky and keeps the mat firmly in place which is good but I sense I'll have to glue the mat to a board in order to stop it curling so the anti slip won't help me any longer.

Okay, but not great.
on 17 February 2016
Although I tend to use an Apple Trackpad these days, I still rest it on one of these mousepads. The pad provides comfortable support for the user's wrist and helps to prevent RSI. I threw away the old pad when the gel started to leak out of the wrist support, but it was several years old and I had had my money's worth.

I've used one with a mouse as well as a trackpad. Whichever you use, I recommend this pad.
on 24 August 2016
I love this mouse mat come wrist rest. It has good grip on the base so it doesn't move around on the desk. The mat for the mouse is great - slightly textured so the mouse doesn't slide around more than you need so mouse control is more refined. But the great thing is the wrist rest which is so comfy. It stops my arm/wrist chafing on the edge of the desk and is also made of some sort of plastic that keeps cool.
on 28 November 2015
I ordered this to replace my GENUINE ORIGINAL Fellowes crystal gel mouse pad (which finally split after many years, allowing the gel to be exposed), thinking this was also the genuine product! Unfortunately this is NOT an original Fellowes gel pad.........which is easily noticeable since I'm able to compare it with my OWN original. This is an acceptable copy so I will be giving it a try, but I would never have bought it if I had known it was only a copy !! The gel wrist pad is not as high Nor soft as the original pad and the mouse surface is totally different from the original and doesn't even reach to the edges of the plastic mat itself. Very disappointed that I was mislead in this way!!! It won't be happening again I can assure you !!!!!!!!!! I notice some people complain about the mat curling up ! This never happened with my original Fellows mouse pad, so if yours is doing that.....it's just a poor COPY !!!
on 31 May 2016
Delivered well, packaged well... has eased my RSI so that's the main thing. The only thing is that the actual pad is smaller than I expected, so my rather large gaming mouse does not have much room to move around. Still, it is adequate as I set my mouse movement very high.