on 2 June 2015
This book changed my life! All my adult life (over 30 years) I was struggling with depression, anxiety and low self-esteem, perfectionism etc. I had all sorts of therapies and treatments, antidepressants, herbs, read hundreds of books. All of that helped a bit but not to such extent I wouldn't get seriously ill with depression now and then. After reading this book it took me around 6 months to practise the different way of thinking while reading it again and again, sometimes I thought it was not going to work but bit by bit I've got there. It does require a serious effort but if your choice is to kill yourself one day or work hard - it is not really a choice. I still get depressive moods but it is usually when things go seriously wrong and even then I can deal with the feelings and function well because now I know how to handle my own thoughts. And it is really as "simple" as that, you create your own feelings by what you think and nobody can make you feel miserable or angry, only you can do that to yourself.
on 8 May 2017
This is a truly amazing book. If you follow the simple steps from page one, you will improve your life immensely. The writer has helped many people with depression over the years and his understanding of this illness really shows. Get it.
on 18 June 2017
Not finished reading yet, but it helped me to focus on my thoughts when I get easily stressed
on 9 September 2015
My daughter suffers from depression and this book takes an alternative view on its causes. You may or may not agree with it but it's provided me with some different ways of helping her when things get on top of her. I hadn't realised how often she 'predicts the future' or 'mind reads' always negatively. At least I can now point out what she's doing and hope it helps a little bit.
on 12 June 2017
Excellent explanation of complex info in user friendly terms which encourage the reader to try the techniques and start to benefit from them.
on 11 December 2012
If you have ever had problems with depression, stress and anxiety then read this book. I read it and it has helped me through a difficult period of my life. Do your mental health a favour and read this.Highly recommended.
on 13 July 2017
Very Nice
on 12 June 2013
I like this older edition to share better than revised ones. Like visiting cognitive therapist by rereading it when get down.
on 13 July 2017
Brilliant book - will benefit anybody with a mind
on 28 March 2017
Some amazing perspectives inside.