on 8 March 2017
It arrived broken plus it didn't fit on 4s at all, but at least I got full refund.
on 30 January 2017
on 9 August 2012
I have had an Incipio Feather case, on my iPhone 4 for about 2 years and when it was damaged recently, decided to purchase the same make/model of case again. The new case arrived from Amazon this morning and it does not fit properly. It should just click over each edge but due to a bend in the case, the sides spring away from the phone and the phone is not, therefore, held properly.
Although it has the Incipio logo embossed into the back, it feels different from the original and I could see a shiny patch develop on the back within seconds of holding it.

Not really even worth 1 star because it completely fails to deliver on its primary function.

Returning it today. I'll buy a replacement from the supplier of my first case.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 September 2010
First impression: great minimalistic design, good grip and tight fit.

Day two: reflection off the edges of the flash cutout makes it impossible to take photos with flash. After searching the Net, it turned out this is a known manufacturing defect and the old cutouts are no longer in production.

Week one: tiny scratches on the back and edges/corners of the case.

Week two: tiny scratches are now spreading all over the place and are easily noticeable.

Week three: the edges and large areas on the back have now completely peeled off. It's time to take it off and throw this piece of junk away!

Conclusion: If you are happy to pay £15 to render your camera/flash useless and/or use this thing for only a week, go for it! But do not expect the good looking initial finish to last any more than 7 to 10 days. Search the Net. This is not a one off case. Why and how this product is still being sold on Amazon is beyond me!
review imagereview imagereview image
on 24 October 2013
I've had a black Feather shell on my iPhone 3G for nearly five years and it's done its job well, even taking a sacrificial crack when I dropped it on my paved front path. So when I was issued with a 4S at work and invited to choose my own accessories for it, another Feather was the obvious choice.

This clear one retains most of the elegance of the black-and-chrome iPhone design - I think coloured shells tend to look tacky - while making the phone slightly easier for my big hands to grip. (Although the straight sides of the 4S make this less of a concern than it was with the slippery, rounded 3G.) The clear acrylic is also wearing well, a few surface scratches giving it a pleasing, not-too-new patina. The self-adhesive screen protector went on easily and, six months later, is still in place and wearing well.

My only gripe - and it's unlikely to bother anyone else - is that this shell stops the 4S from docking neatly with my Logitech speaker dock, which happily takes the 3G in its shell. It's a problem I can solve with a folded postcard behind the phone, but it makes the docking process a little less slick than it might be. Otherwise, no complaints, and when I eventually replace the 3G I'll be back for another Feather.
on 10 June 2016
Great quality and great value.
on 11 May 2015
I had same case before and it fitted perfectly (iPhone 4S). However, this one does not fit that well (once you push the phone into the case you can see that the whore right side is not perfectly fitted). I tried to fit also first right side and then left, but it does the opposite effect (then left side is not well fitted). I don't know whether it is a defective item or all are the same.
on 25 December 2015
Very good.
on 10 June 2015
Fits well. Phone is easier to hold with this case on.
VINE VOICEon 18 January 2013
This is the second Incipio Feather that I've purchased for my iPhone 4S as the first one has finally bitten the dust. It didn't quite last a year and was pretty ratty by the end but it did the job well enough so I decided to get another. The case is very thin and light and really doesn't add much bulk to the phone when it's in your hand or pocket. I'd go as far as to say it makes the iPhone more comfortable to hold when in use, but that's just my personal preference.

The thin bit by the volume controls cracked within a couple of months and as has been pointed out in other reviews the case has a tendency to develop shiny areas where its outer coating wears down. I found neither of these issues a major problem, but appreciate that it would put some people off. My biggest issue with the case is that it can be quite tricky to remove, although it does become easier over time. If you need to remove the case often so it can fit inside a dock (a car dock in my case) then that can be a pain, but its not insurmountable.