Customer reviews

Faylinn Frost and the Snow Fairies
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 24 January 2012
Ever the one to plan ahead, I bought a few of Trevor Forest's books last year for my daughter. (For use as gifts when she can read for herself.)

Despite the fact that she is only two years old, she loves listening to stories, pictures or no pictures and Faylinn Frost is the book I chose to read to her.

As I was reading, it reminded of the Enid Blyton books of my own childhood. Of course, Trevor Forest has brought things up to date by dealing with issues like Global Warming in a child orientated, reader friendly manner, and Faylinn Frost makes a wonderful little heroine. The plot is easy to follow and the characters of the fairy folk and the 'Fairy Catcher' are beautifully crafted.

In fact, I enjoyed the story as it unfolds and the ease with which it can be read aloud. I actually duplicated the whole order so that I could give the books as Christmas presents.

Faylinn Frost and the Snow Fairies
on 16 April 2013
I've just finished reading this lovely book to my 7-year old - we both thoroughly enjoyed it! I note some other reviews have mentioned it in the same breath as Enid Blyton and yes, I would agree - this did bring to mind her writing style and subject. Forest has created a charming character in Faylinn and a good story that romps along. Nathanial is the villain of the piece along with his dog Sniffler but even he is shown as not being a total baddie as he loves his dog at least so he can't be all bad! The story held my child in thrall throughout and is very well written, flowing nicely from chapter to chapter. We've read another book from this author (Magic Molly - Book 1) which was also very good and will certainly look out for other titles.
on 26 January 2013
I finally got around to reading this myself after purchasing a few months ago. My children are still a bit young to appreciate the stories. I like to add to my stash of books for when they get a little older.
I used to love Enid Blytons Enchanted Wood as a child and this story has the same feel to it. It also reminds me of Narnia too.
It takes you into a world of fairies, elves and goblins and Faylinn has an adventure that children will love reading about.
I cant wait for my children to have the attention span to be able to read this to them, though I'm in two minds whether to wait til they can read it independantly as its a perfect book for reading under the bedcovers, torch in hand after lights out!!!