Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Aug 2007 23:52:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Aug 2007 11:26:33 BDT
I AM ME says:
Out of series one, two and three, what is your favourite series, you can say four when it is shown on tv.

My favourite is series two.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2007 12:03:23 BDT
Kuja20 says:
i have to agree with u there, series 2 was the best, they had some excellent 2-parters, which were full of action, i liked the impossible planet/satans pit, also the2 cyberman 2-parters were a stroke of excellence, there were a lot of brilliant single stories in there, such as The Girl in the Fireplace and tooth and claw, also what made it brilliant was the inroduction of David Tennant fantastic actor.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2007 17:07:25 BDT
Scott Fraser says:
I would have to say that series 3 is the one for me, with the exception of The Lazarus Experiment I think that the remaining 12 episodes are top-notch and of course the series contains Human Nature/The Family of Blood and Blink, need I say more?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2007 17:13:35 BDT
I AM ME says:
I agree that there are some great episodes in series three, but in my opinion there are too many episodes that are amateur and there are some bad epsodes aswell.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2007 23:40:41 BDT
Scott Fraser says:
Now that you mention it and having given it some thought I do admit that a couple of episodes namely Last of the Time Lords and Gridlock could have done with an extra draft, but that runs true for all three seasons. It is very difficult to actually say if one season is better than another when all of them have roughly the same ammount of hit and miss as it were, I chose series 3 because it was the one that I enjoyed more than the other two on actual transmission, before I sat down for repeated viewings and analysis. However I do take your point.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Aug 2007 20:53:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Aug 2007 21:11:57 BDT
I think my favourite of the 3 series' is Series 2.
It had the best episode ever (The Girl in the Fireplace), the scariest episodes(The Impossible Planet, The Satan Pit) the return of the Cybermen, Daleks, K9 and Sarah Jane Smith, the first battle between the Cybermen and the Daleks, the first christmas episode, a new doctor and the tragic departure of Rose.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Aug 2007 09:03:45 BDT
My favourite series has got to be Series 3, I just think they get better as they go along!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Aug 2007 20:59:58 BDT
Yep series 3 for my as well, a few off episodes but it all in all this series has been the best so far. Can series 4 beat it ?

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Sep 2007 11:30:36 BDT
Get Real says:
Series 3 for me. Blink is the best episode from all 3 & John Simm the best baddie. Only blot was the assistant - Martha was lightweight & shallow & added nothing. At least we don't have to suffer her anymore in S4. I don't watch Torchwood (does anyone looking at the viewing figures ?) so thats the last I'll see of her I hope ?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Oct 2007 08:48:23 BDT
Andy B says:
Series 3. They really hit the ground running with this one. Blink was amazing.
Mind you Series 2 featured Girl in the fireplace and series one had Dalek.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Oct 2007 22:26:56 GMT
J. B. Pape says:
yeah, series 3 for me. I started getting bored with Billie around the middle of series 2 althogh it picked up towards the end. Martha Jones made Series 3 for me. She was bright and exciting and really brought the show alive. David Tennant seemed to have toned down his portrayal of the doctor a bit (or I got used to it.)

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2007 13:19:45 GMT
I AM ME says:
I didn't really like series 3 until Human Nature/Family Of Blood and then it just stayed good for the rest of the series, so that's good.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Dec 2007 22:49:32 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Dec 2007 22:57:01 GMT
Kat says:
Series 3 for having one the best run of episodes ever from Human Nature to Sound of Drums and for having one of the best companions ever in Martha Jones (up there with likes of Babs, Jamie, Zoe, Sarah Jane and Romana for me) It was also the first series that RTD seemed to get that there is more to a story arch than just mentioning a random phrase a couple of thousand times per episode.

Followed by series 1 which had great charcter development, great chemistry between Billie and Ecclescake and TEC/TDD, on the downside it was the series that gave us the Slitheen

Series 2 is by far the worst imo. No real direcection, no continuty between episodes (Rose being bratty about Mickey travelling in the TARDIS in SR and then suddenly forgetting about it in GITF, for example) loads of poor stories (L&M, FH, NE, TIL, RoTC/AoS...) and The Doctor and Rose (especially Rose) were often smug, annoying, and down right unlikeable (I can't see how anyone can watch T&C and not want to smack them). TGITF, TIP/SP, Sarah Jane Smith and Mickey Smith plus a couple of good one-off characters like Ida Scott, Tommy and Reinette stopped the series from being completly rubbish.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jul 2008 06:37:05 BDT
Pma Sinclair says:
Series 1 sucked. But I would have a draw between Series 2 and 3

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jul 2008 17:40:45 BDT
S. J. Pinder says:
well having series 4 been and gone i have to say out of all four-
SERIES 4 is the GREATEST(what a way to end!!)Tennant and Tate acted off of each othe brilliantly,all the companions from nuwho returned(Martha for 5,Rose for 3 via cameos,and Jack/Sarah-Jane for the massive final two),the Daleks were great,Davros was terrifying,and all 14 episodes(inc special)were great.
SERIES 3 comes close though with some fantastic episodes and Martha was a breath of fresh air...the last three episodes were fantastic(especially Utopia)and the epiodes were well scripted.

so for me series 4 is the greatest...but i also love series 3...both fab!!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2008 17:26:36 BDT
S. J. Pinder says:
i agree...series 2 is the worst.
i actually found Tooth & Claw to be one of the series best...along with School Reunion and TGITF...the finale was good for the last 20 mins...and the rest of the episodes were plain awful.
series 3 is a lot better than series 1 and 2...the master was an awesome foe,human nature/family of blood was a great storyline and Martha was a breath of fresh air.
series 4 though is by far the best.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2008 17:28:38 BDT
S. J. Pinder says:
yeah but those were the best episodes of series 2 and 1.
series 3 had way more to like...series 4 the best though

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Aug 2008 23:10:53 BDT
TWO
BUT I WOULD HAVE SAID 4 IF YOU COULD HAVE

Posted on 28 Aug 2009 13:29:27 BDT
victor says:
Series one is the best for me i loved it

Posted on 7 Sep 2009 13:51:50 BDT
well for me series 2 followed by 4 then 1 and I have to say that apart from Blink, I found series 3 lacking in any sort of cohesion, the final episodes of that series were laughable,maybe I didn't like Martha but I find that I never revisit the series apart from Blink.My favourite episode Army of Ghosts & Doomsday,followed by Turn Left.

Posted on 16 Feb 2010 14:28:57 GMT
I. De Wolff says:
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  4 Aug 2007
Latest post:  16 Feb 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about