Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Jul 2008 06:55:59 BDT
Pma Sinclair says:
Mine are:
The Christmas Invasion
School Reunion
The Age of Steel
The Impossible Planet
The Satan Pit

What are Yours?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2008 15:07:56 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jul 2008 15:08:57 BDT
Trigger says:
I don't remember a great deal of series 2, but here's what I recall being standout:

The Impossible Planet & The Satan Pit - I know it's a programme for people of all ages, but I think it works best when its a bit darker; a bit more sinister. This is the show at its best.
Army of Ghosts & Doomsday - a superb two-parter with a heart-wrenching ending; as a finale only matched by the brilliance of The Stolen Earth/Journey's End.

And what I thought of the rest:

I liked Tooth & Claw and School Reunion a lot - two very good episodes. I don't recall The Girl in the Fireplace all that well, but I don't recall being overly enamoured with it when I watched it. New Earth was pretty good; a fun and energetic episode that seem to typify of the series' openers. The Cybermen two-parter seemed okay but I remember thinking it had a bit of a flat ending (I can't recall specifics). Fear Her was a bit poo - possibly the worst DW episode to date. Contrary to what many felt, I quite liked Love & Monsters and The Idiots Lantern.

I think that's all of them. In fact, thinking about it, series 2 has possibly been the best to date IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2008 17:14:36 BDT
S. J. Pinder says:
for series 2 my favourite episodes are-
Tooth & Claw
School Reunion
The Girl in the fireplace
and...of course Doomsday

Doomsday for the final 20 mins...very hard hitting,but wasn't a particularly fantastic finale(series 3 and 4 were much better...more so for series 4)the Daleks in a finale second time running...come on.
but Roses goodbye did it for me.

i found that besides Tennants fantastic performance(in all episodes) series 2 (for me) was the weakest in terms of episodes.
series 4 is the best(series 3 second place)with the most strong episodes...i enjoyed all of series 4 actually.

the cybermen plot was awful...the Ood were underused...fear her and love & monsters were rediculous,the idiots lantern and new earth were average which is waht made the fab 3(above)stand out as being the best for me.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jul 2008 02:43:12 BDT
Pma Sinclair says:
I found New Earth boring as hell
Tooth and claw is too different and is boring
The girl in the fireplace is good, but not Moffat's best
Rise of the Cybermen is Very good, but it's just a build up
The idiot's Lantern is just random and boring as hell - like New Earth
Love and Monsters is ***** **** **** ***** **** **** *** * ******* **** **** **** *** ** *** **** ** **** *** ***** * ******
Fear Her TERRIBLE
Army of Ghosts and Doomsday, to me don't live up to the whole Cyberman vs Dalek thing.

Hey it's Just my Opinion

Posted on 29 Jun 2010 18:47:04 BDT
Jingleman says:
The Girl in the Fireplace !!

Posted on 6 May 2011 17:24:12 BDT
Harriet says:
If I'm honest, I really cannot work out why people like The Girl in the Fireplace so much. I've watched it several times but I still don't like it. It was boring and Reinette was just annoying.

My favourites are;
~ Tooth & Claw
~ Fear Her
~ Satan Pit
~ Doomsday

Series 2 is by far my favourite series and David Tennant & Billie Piper are the best Doctor and companion Doctor Who has ever had.
Doomsday was heartbreaking. <3

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2011 17:24:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 May 2011 17:24:59 BDT
Harriet says:
Why?
I just can't work out why people find it so good!

Posted on 19 Jul 2011 18:59:53 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 Jul 2011 19:00:27 BDT
C FURNIVAL says:
New Earth
Tooth and claw
School Reunion
The girl in the fire place
The idiots lantern
Love and Monsters
Doomsday

i didnt mind the cybermen two parter and the ood episodes were ok-ish
and the worst (and remains worst ever) episode was Fear her
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  4 Jul 2008
Latest post:  19 Jul 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about