Customer reviews

on 12 August 2010
I love all 70 photographs. I love the text, easy for children to understand, but not childish. In fact just the book to get children, of all ages, interested in looking after animals and thus our planet.
on 20 October 2010
I first found out about the book though the mail newspaper and was amazed by the Quality of the picture's,Then ordered the book by steve bloom and had fast delivery by amazon as alway's.The only problem with the book that stops me giving it 5 stars is it would be nice to have more insight to region each picture was taken apart from that this is a great book for all the family.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 August 2010
I picked this up for my animal loving wife, and we both think it's fantastic.

The text is very much aimed at kids, but animal lovers of any age will be delighted to just look at the pictures.

The photographer stated that his theme was anthropomorphism, and this comes across clearly in the pictures. The gorilla and orang-outang families in particular looking incredibly human.

I think kids will love to see how animals interact in such a caring way, and even the youngest of children will just love looking at the pictures.

A great buy!
on 24 August 2010
The photographs are stunning and the text easy to read to a child. I bought it for my 3 year old daughter who loves seeing animal pictures and I wanted her to see them in their proper habitat.

But: I would have loved to see more different animals. I think it is good that he focused on non-domestic ones as children see them on farms and as pets but a couple of more European wildlife species and birds would have been nice.
on 9 December 2012
th book was not quite what I wanted as it did not give any indepth informations about the different aimals but is certainkly a very pleasing book of photographs suitbale for children.
on 7 September 2010
Great book for kids, they enjoyed it and learned about the animals at the same time. They enjoyed learning about one every night at bedtime.
on 3 December 2012
Anything by Steve Bloom is great. His photography shows wildlife in its natural state in close ups as well as in natural surroundings.
on 14 May 2014
pics are nice but quality is not top...the printing looks a bit cheap I would say but contents are good
on 13 September 2014
Such a lovely book!
on 28 July 2012
I didn't know that "My favourite animal families" was intended for children around the age of five. It was sold in the zoology section of the book store where I picked it up. The kiddie angle does explain a lot of things, for instance why I considered the book to be so incredibly boring. I even remember thinking: "Gee, this is only for the girls' room". I bought it anyway, as a casual Christmas gift for my parents (my mother actually liked it). Apart from the seals and penguins, I honestly didn't. However, since small girls in cute pink dresses might like it, I nevertheless give it three stars...