- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Atlantic Books; Main edition (2 Feb. 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1786491044
- ISBN-13: 978-1786491046
- Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 2.4 x 19.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 242,917 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
From Fatwa to Jihad: How the World Changed From the Satanic Verses to Charlie Hebdo Paperback – 2 Feb 2017
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
A gripping account of how we went from burning books to bombs on buses. The Rushdie Affair has shaped all our lives. This book shows us how. -- Hanif Kureishi A thorough and highly readable history of the politics of the Rushdie affair and an important intervention in the current debate on freedom of expression. -- Monica Ali A riveting political history of contemporary Britain... Impeccably researched, brimming with detail, yet razor-sharp in its argument. -- Lisa Appignanesi * Independent * Few writers have untangled the paradoxes and unintended consequences of political Islam as deftly as Malik -- Maureen Freely * Washington Post * Enthralling -- Robert McCrum * Observer * An admirable piece of reportage... subtle and intelligent -- Stuart Kelly * Scotsman * Seldom can a book have had a more searing relevance to contemporary events -- Lindsay Johns * New Humanist *
The Number 1 international bestseller updated and reissued.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Having been brought up in Bradford in the 1970s and having lived for a while in the predominantly "Asian" area of Manningham in the 80s I often wondered why the Bradford I... Read morePublished on 29 July 2013 by Amazon Customer
'This is the first book to examine the powerful effect on freedom of speech and expression of the fatwa on Salman Rushdie in 1989. Read morePublished on 26 May 2010 by The Orwell Prize
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Fundamentalism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Islam > Festivals
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Islam > History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Civil Liberties & Political Activism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences