on 17 May 2017
Brings back hope after the shocks of the previous novel.
on 17 June 2015
Loved the series , good humour very intriguing compelling read
on 6 August 2014
This series MUST be read in the published order! The first book is I Bring the Fire Part I : Wolves (A Loki Story). The second book is Monsters : I Bring the Fire Part II (A Loki Story). The third book is Chaos: I Bring the Fire Part III (A Loki Story). The fourth book is In the Balance: An I Bring the Fire Novella (IBF 3.5). This is the fifth book. The next full book will be Warriors and there is a sneak peak at the end of this book :)

I really adore the Loki of this series. There is something sweet and innocent about him even though he has seen and done so much that should have truly made him into the unfeeling uncaring monster he is sometimes portrayed as. I find that very refreshing and amusing.

This book does a lot of time jumping through flashbacks... But not in a bad way. Every single one is needed for greater understanding of both the characters and the situations they find themselves in. I like that you get to see a lighter and better side of Thor in this book. Usually Thor annoys the living crap out of me no matter how he's written but here I found myself actually finding him to be a sympathetic and endearingly honorable character which can only be attributed to the awesomeness of Gockel's writing prowess. (Though I hate Odin more than normal and worse every book lol) Even Frigga is a somewhat sympathetic character under Gockel's adept pen :)

There is no contest really. This is my favorite Loki series ever and it always will be! I would recommend it to people who like mild SciFi and fantasy... But truly it is a comedy of errors on a grand scheme. I am never dissapointed by one of these books... They are thought provoking and funny ... Laced with sadness and joy. Pretty much something for everyone is found within the pages of these books. I really will be waiting on pins and needles for the next book The Slip: A Short Story from I Bring the Fire to be released!

***This series is suitable for adult readers
on 8 September 2014
Really enjoyed this. I thought I would struggle with the spider scenes as I have such a bad phobia but as ever the quality of the writing and the momentum of the storyline just rode me through it. I already have the Sleipnir short story and the next in the series (Warriors) on my Kindle in readiness but I am pacing myself as I want to make the series last.... like when you save the last few chocolate biscuits for another day!.... highly recommended!
on 8 May 2014
This carries the story onward from where he disappeared(thought exploded to bits) but is a few years down line and Odin feels he should have re-appeared by now in yet another form so everyone is out looking for him. meantime a few of the other characters including one who may or not be the new Loki, have some trips of their own to contend with. Brilliant writing xx
on 26 April 2014
I won't say much about the plot cause it'd spoil the previous books, lets just say that if you've read and enjoyed any the previous I Bring the Fire books you'll enjoy this.
If you haven't read them, start with book 1, it is free for the kindle. If you didn't like the first one why are you trying the fourth? That's just madness.
on 8 September 2016
The story gets better and better or maybe it's because the characters seem like old friends. I really can't put these books down. Love the relationship building between Amy and Bhondi. If you are thinking of reading this make sure you start with book 1.
on 2 January 2015
When I first found this Author it was in a bundle of books that I got for pennies and I am so glad I did this Author is now on my short list which means they write and look forward to the Last book in this series.
on 29 March 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the whole of this series. Could not stop reading. I love tales of the old gods and this gives a fantastic modern twist to the old stories while narrating the old ones.
on 21 September 2016
Brilliant one of those books you can't put down for me. and each book gets better as you get more into the story.