Customer reviews

on 6 December 2013
Breathtaking. The great depth, detail, beauty, humanity and love story that begin like a graceful whirlwind in Forged by Fate has escelated with great passion and imagination into a storm of the highest ranking in Fate Forgotten.
As the first book was focusing a lot on Eve this time we get a glimpse into Adam's world and it will test your compassion for whether by the end you sympathise with him or still doggedly deteste him. Of course Thor is still around keeping an eye on proceedings and well, so much happens and yet doesn't happen and it's the latter which will always put you on the edge of your seat.
The world Amalia has created goes a huge leap further than previously as we not only get insight into events of the past and the present but in Fate Forgotten we glimpse the future for Adam and Eve - again it's open to opinion on whether it's good or bad BUT the real question is HOW and WHY and WHEN? And maybe WTF?
I can't wait for the final book in the series as it will surely not just rock our worlds but those of the ever tangled trio of Eve, Adam and Thor but also explode it and make us wonder what it is that makes love so divine and yet so destructive.
Bring on summer 2014! Bring on the Gods!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 November 2013
All I'm going to say is that, if you liked "Forged By Fate", you're going to LOVE this one.

Okay, I can't stop there. Once again, Amalia Dillin has managed to make me adore, hate, have severely mixed feelings, laugh, cry (just a little bit), and fall in fricking love with her.

Once again, the sort of love triangle between Eve, Adam and Thor/Garrit/all her myriad husbands, is sensational to read. I thought I was firmly in Team Thor, and then she goes and makes Adam the better choice! Or not. Or Garrit. Or nobody. Or maybe. It all depends on which chapter you happen to be reading.

I think my favourite aspect of this series so far is Eve. All the Eves. Eve and Abby and Renata and Tora and Anessa and Evelyn, all the same woman, and yet... kinda not. All with slightly different personalities, easily distinguished. It's a particularly wonderful way of portraying a character, and I can't wait to see who Eve becomes in the next book.

Aside from Eve... Thor. Oh, Thor. Oh, oh, oh, Thor. I could write essays on this particular portrayal of the Thunder God, but I want you all to discover him without spoilers, so I won't. Suffice to say... OH, THOR. I'll leave the inflection up to your own imaginations, because NONE OF THEM are wrong. ;)

Bring on the next thrilling installment!!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse