on 8 August 2016
This bike rack is fine and will fit most cars. After the initial fitting it can be taken on and off the car in about 2 minutes. It is attached to the back of the car using 6 straps. 2 to the top, 2 to the side and 2 to the bottom of the rear door on a hatchback. I say this as the instructions are not very good. I found a picture on the Amazon website of the rack attached to the car and then it was obvious what to do.

However, it is a cheap product and and so it therefore requires a low level of practical skill to fit it. I would say that if you would be confident in strapping a ladder onto a car roof rack then you would have no problem attaching this bike rack. Otherwise, you should buy a more expensive bike rack with all the expensive clips and ratchet fixings.
on 22 February 2016
Product is not sturdy and due to the saving on foam on the lowere support, I will have to pay for a bodywork paint shop to fix the damage and scratches caused to my car. This occurred because of the lower support bar rubbing against my car every time I went over an uneven surface on the road.
on 3 July 2017
Tight squeeze for 3 bikes, once you know how to orientate bikes to fit; its easy.

I recommend people to use bungee cords to hold bikes to the rack instead of the shoe laces provided for added support. I also recommend to use a strap around the bottom of the bikes to stop them swaying if you have to do an emergency stop. Very simple initiative makes a budget rack very effective.
Straps which hold the rack to the car are good, I've been using the rack for about two years, its still going strong!

one thing stopping it getting 5 stars are;
The red rubber mounts which your bike frame sit's in, the bolts holding these on, gradually the bolt passes through the soft rubber and the mount becomes lose. Simple fix with a washer on each bolt fixed this.

Would buy again, cheap budget rack used on 140mile trips.
on 1 November 2014
I cant warn you enough NOT to buy this! Comes with very hard to understand instructions, bikes kept slipping off on our trip and we had to keep stopping on the hard shoulder of the busy moterway in the rain to secure them with whatever we could find! Dangerous! We ended up buting a far more expensive one for the journey home from Halfords so we would be safe to drive home! Its well woth saving up a bit more and just buying a better quality one in the first place!
on 16 April 2016
We bought this to take 2 kids bikes on holiday- used only twice , fitted as per instructions. It broke on the way home nearly causing an accident but wrecking the paint on the boot of our car. Cheap plastic broke.
If your considering buying don't will cost 100's to get our car resprayed
on 10 July 2015
The overall quality & looks are OK but one of the retaining strap catches broke the first time I used it & the rubberised plastic bike supports are not big enough to take the diameter of the average bike crossbar so I had to modify them as best I could - A bit disapointing
on 17 May 2017
I used this for the first time. Then I removed it from m car, when I reinstall it, the delicate screw lost its thread and broken. I had to throw this in the bin. Don't buy and waste your money.
on 23 April 2017
Not very sturdy with 3 bikes. Would only recommend 2. Very easy to fit on car
on 25 September 2017
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 March 2017