Fast Multipole Boundary Element Method: Theory And Applications In Engineering Paperback – 27 Mar 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Liu covers the fast multipole BEM, brings together classical theories in BEM formulations and developments in the fast multipole method. Two- and three-dimensional potential, elastostatic, Stokes flow, and acoustic wave problems are covered. Applications in modeling nanocomposite materials, bio-materials, fuel cells, acoustic waves, and image-based simulations are demonstrated.
About the Author
Dr Yijun Liu has more than 25 years of research experience on the boundary element method for subjects including potential; elasticity; and Stokes flow; and electromagnetic, elastic, and acoustic wave problems and has published extensively in research journals. He received his Ph.D. in theoretical and applied mechanics from the University of Illinois and after a post-doctoral research appointment at Iowa State University he joined the Ford Motor Company as a CAE analyst. He has been a faculty member in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Cincinnati since 1996. Dr Liu is currently on the editorial board of the international journals Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements and the Electronic Journal of Boundary Elements.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Calculus & Mathematical Analysis
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Calculus & Mathematical Analysis