on 23 September 2011
Until a few weeks ago I had never heard of Donna Hay. I don't know where I've been hiding? The Good Food Channel recently showed Donna's fast, fresh, simple series to accompany her new book. I was hooked from the very first episode and pre-ordered her book immediately. Her approach to food and cooking is exactly as she describes it and her stylist background guarantees that you will love the look of it before you even begin to eat. The first thing I noticed about the book was how large it is and each recipe has wonderful coloured pictures to help you with presentation. The recipes look great and taste even better. There are 160+ recipes and each category of fast, fresh and simple have both a sweet and savoury recipe section. If it's a quick supper you're looking for after work or even food for entertaining, everything is in here and I would say that this book definately delivers as fast, fresh and simple. Perhaps not for the complete beginner but if you have a basic knowledge of cooking, then you will love this book. It will definately be on my Christmas list for friends and family. I hope you enjoy as much as I am doing.
on 19 September 2011
i bought this book as i loved the tv series, and the book does live up to its expectations! i have tried several of her recipes and they have turned out wonderful. Admittedly there has been the odd one that i haven't liked to eat as much as i thought (like the chocolate wontons) but my friends loved them so maybe its just my taste. This is a book for someone with not a lot of time as it gives wonderful ideas for fast, fresh and simple suppers and deserts just like the tittle says. This book has simple ideas that can be changed and twigged depending on taste.
its not a masterpiece but it does give food for thought!
on 1 October 2011
Am an avid cookery book reader and this is the best book I've bought in a long time.... The title says it all.... It's beautifully illustrated and the ingredients list are manageable too - not like in some books....
on 13 July 2014
Defy anyone to look at these wonderful photos in Donna's book and not get cooking! Fresh and simple these recipes are a joy to reproduce. I have made many of them and always delight in the outcome - as does my hubby!
on 6 June 2014
After watching the tv programme that promotes this book and really enjoying it, I thought I would try the book. Its brilliant, a lovely format and packed with great ideas. My only grip is that being a paperback it has to be wedged down to remain open at the chosen page. But I suppose that at the price, you cant expect a hardback. Very, very pleased with it.
on 14 February 2012
I had watched Donna Hay's cookery programmes on tv so I ordered the book as it was reduced in price. I was so surprised when it arrived as it is much bigger than expected and is full of lovely recipes and every one is beautifully illustrated.
Excellent buy. Very pleased.
on 5 October 2011
I bought this on the back of Donna's recent TV series. The recipes are very easy and quick for mid-week eating but good enough for mid-week entertaining. There are plenty of shortcuts and cheats (but not in a Delia canned mince and frozen mash kind of way!). I started with some of the baking recipes as I think they are the real acid test of a cookbook. The Chocolate dessert cake was to die for (bonus: all made in one bowl- simple), and will keep any choco-holic very satisfied. Her tips for presentation and styling are as simple and elegant as the food itself. The overall vibe of the food is very much Austral-asian. There is the odd ingredient some people may think of as 'exotic', but to be honest I don't think that there were any ingredients I couldn't find in my local supermarket. I will stress, however, that this kind of cooking is very much dependant upon the quality of your ingredients.
on 23 March 2014
After watching Donna Hay cooking,in her tv series,decided to buy my first Donna Hay cook book,and I wasn't disapointed,
This book has so many recipes which are so quick and easy to make,the book title says it all,what more can I say,but an exelent book,and will be buying more of Donna Hay.
on 2 July 2013
My wife and I watched the TV series and were so impressed with the way Donna Hay makes many dishes so simple to cook that we bought her book. The book is really complementary to the series but if you missed it don't worry, the book is substantial enough to stand in its own right.
on 29 July 2012
I must say - this is one of my favourite & most used cookery books.
No mean feat as I have hundreds.
But this one never leaves my kitchen as everything in it is - as it says - fast, fresh & Simple to make.
And everything tastes great - no compromises at all.
Everything I have made has been fantastic & I can't recommend it highly enough.
Wish I'd seen the TV series......................