Far Cry 3 - The Lost Expeditions Edition (Xbox 360)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Xbox 360
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 18 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 18. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 18 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: Xbox 360
The Lost Expeditions Edition
SINGLE PLAYER: 2 Suspenseful Action Missions - Forgotten Experiment and Ignition in the Deep
- MISSION 1: FORGOTTEN EXPERIMENT: Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, Jason discovers that the only way out is through the crumbling WWII ruins. But if Jason hopes to escape, he’ll have to activate the old experiments and unleash the electric storm that could kill him.
- MISSION 2: IGNITION IN THE DEEP: Inside an abandoned WWII military silo, the only thing standing between Jason and freedom are pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel. One stray bullet and the entire complex could go up in flames, forcing Jason to rely on his wits and stealth to survive.
MULTIPLAYER: Type 10 Japanese Flare gun
Beyond the reach of civilization lies a lawless island ruled by violence. This is where you find yourself stranded, caught in a bloody conflict between the island’s psychotic warlords and indigenous rebels. Struggling to survive, your only hope of escape is through the muzzle of a gun.
Discover the island’s dark secrets and take the fight to the enemy; improvise and use your environment to your advantage; and outwit its cast of ruthless, deranged inhabitants. Beware the beauty and mystery of this island of insanity… Where nothing is what is seems, you’ll need more than luck to escape alive.
- THE ULTIMATE OPEN WORLD - Create your own FPS action and adventure. Customize your weapons, your skills and your approach to each mission, whether you favor intense run-and-gun action, stealthy close-up takedowns, or long range sniping.
- AN ISLAND OF DANGER AND DISCOVERY - Explore a diverse island playground, from mountain ranges to swampy grasslands and white sandy beaches. Discover relics, hunt exotic animals, play mini-games, and travel fast by land, sea or air. Fight your way through the island’s towns, temples, river ports and more.
- UNCOVER A MEMORABLE STORY AND AN INSANE CAST OF CHARACTERS - Encounter an engaging and disturbed cast of characters as you take a gritty journey into the dark side of humanity, written by a Writer’s Guild award-winner.
- PLAY WITH FRIENDS IN A FULL CO-OP CAMPAIGN - Team up for a 4-player standalone story campaign that will challenge you to be your best and work together to prevail. Experience the island through the eyes of a wayward crew in their own quest to survive against the odds. Play online or split-screen.
- A DIFFERENT BREED OF MULTIPLAYER - Far Cry 3’s innovative multiplayer rewards skill and team play. To level-up, players must support each other by boosting with battle cries, reviving teammates, and calling-in team support weapons. After each match, choose to punish or show mercy for your foes in fun and twisted ways with interactive cut scenes.
- USE THE MAP EDITOR TO CREATE AND ACCESS NEW CONTENT - The powerful and easy-to-use Far Cry map editor is back, with new and improved features. A community of mapmakers ensures a constant stream of new content, with the best showcased for the world to enjoy. Using map template tools, you can make amazing maps quickly and easily.
Top Customer Reviews
4 years ago we had Farcry 2, a brilliant and realistic game, that with it's brilliance was marred by frustrations and chore like gameplay coupled with a nonsensical storyline or dilemmas with no consequence.
Now we have a somewhat anticipated Farcry 3 to top the year off, you may have read some reviews already giving it 10/10 and saying it's the best shooter ever made. They aren't far off.
FC2 was a chore to play, vehicles were slow and would need repairing every few yards, enemies could withstand a full clip before dying, enemies would somehow drive round a corner and attack you, enemy checkpoints would always respawn. The controls were a little sluggish and death meant suffering all of this again to travel to an objective again!
Thankfully Ubisoft was made aware of these problems, now the controls are more fluid and sharp. The vehicles are faster and scarcely break down. You don't have to worry about malaria. Enemies die if you shoot 1 bullet in the head. They don't magically spawn round corners from you or at checkpoints. Overall the game is a lot more fun to play.
There is now an intuitive cover and fire mechanic, where if near a wall your character realistically holds his gun upwards so it doesn't go through the wall like a ghost gun. If you press RT you will do some erratic shooting and holding LT makes you pop up to shoot, you aren't locked onto the wall and thus makes it the best cover/fire system I've used. Especially in comparison with perfect dark zero and Resident Evil 6's versions.Read more ›
I can't believe i played this game for around 10 hours today and i don't think i have EVER played a game for that long but that's how good the game is, I have always been into my games but as i got older i got bored easily of games but i just could'nt put this game down,
You can explore a huge open world, hunt, tigers, deers, pigs, wild dogs, bears, wild bore, sharks, turtle's, gian't lizard Komodo dragons, antelope and skin them all and sell the skins for money that can be used for weapons or weapons upgrades, you can parachute, hand glide, drive cars, jeeps, jet ski's, speed boats etc, Killing the savage bandits is fun and capturing thier camps,
This game is that good can't see me putting this one down anytime soon!! Gotta be one of the best games i ever played !
The main missions are really good and you do get involved in the story. The main villain is a bit psychotic and i wont say no more. You will have blast wading through the main quest.
There are a variety of side missions to go through and all of them fun. Find wanted posters and kill the baddie for rewards. Race other drivers in some of the many car races. Skin animals to create wallets, pouches and rucksacks. Collect plants so you can create various potions to help you survive. Also there are many pirate strongholds to reclaim, and when you do it becomes a safehouse for you so you can save your game.
If you love shooting the crap out of people and blowing things up, then that's fine, you have the choice to go that route if you like. And there's the stealth way which is really fun and rewarding.Read more ›
if you have seen the many adverts accross television and the internet then you would know that farcry 3 has been written by a guild of writers associate, and to be honest it has payed off, the storyline is incredible to say the least, a well thought out and highly emotive story that simply grasps you and will not let go untill you have finished it.
the characters in farcry are possibly the best, out of a comparison of many recent games, competing with call of duty, skyrim and grand theft auto,
and has THE best antagonist ever, an almost cornered or caged sense of insanity is prevailing in him, and of course im talking about Vaas, Vaas is quite literally the most insane character you will meet on the island but at the same time you can have a sense of fun with his insanity, almost a playful insanity, obviously this is personal experience but i think he is also quite a intelligent person. Although, the other characters are not so well thought out the doctor is, in my opinion, almost trying too hard to be insane he is pushing the boundries into just plain silly, but is still a very good character none the less.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have spent many, many hours with this epic, thought provoking game. Awarded best shooter of the year by ign when released. Read morePublished 4 months ago by andrew.anderson
Having just bought an Xbox we were recommended to try this game. Good choice.Published 7 months ago by King Richard