- Also check our best rated Wii U Game reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £1.99 delivery
Far Cry 3 - The Lost Expeditions Edition (PS3)
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you’re a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Find out more about the programme.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
- Platform: PlayStation 3
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 12 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 12. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 12 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Platform: PlayStation 3
The Lost Expeditions Edition
SINGLE PLAYER: 2 Suspenseful Action Missions - Forgotten Experiment and Ignition in the Deep
- MISSION 1: FORGOTTEN EXPERIMENT: Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, Jason discovers that the only way out is through the crumbling WWII ruins. But if Jason hopes to escape, he’ll have to activate the old experiments and unleash the electric storm that could kill him.
- MISSION 2: IGNITION IN THE DEEP: Inside an abandoned WWII military silo, the only thing standing between Jason and freedom are pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel. One stray bullet and the entire complex could go up in flames, forcing Jason to rely on his wits and stealth to survive.
MULTIPLAYER: Type 10 Japanese Flare gun
Beyond the reach of civilization lies a lawless island ruled by violence. This is where you find yourself stranded, caught in a bloody conflict between the island’s psychotic warlords and indigenous rebels. Struggling to survive, your only hope of escape is through the muzzle of a gun.
Discover the island’s dark secrets and take the fight to the enemy; improvise and use your environment to your advantage; and outwit its cast of ruthless, deranged inhabitants. Beware the beauty and mystery of this island of insanity… Where nothing is what is seems, you’ll need more than luck to escape alive.
- THE ULTIMATE OPEN WORLD - Create your own FPS action and adventure. Customize your weapons, your skills and your approach to each mission, whether you favor intense run-and-gun action, stealthy close-up takedowns, or long range sniping.
- AN ISLAND OF DANGER AND DISCOVERY - Explore a diverse island playground, from mountain ranges to swampy grasslands and white sandy beaches. Discover relics, hunt exotic animals, play mini-games, and travel fast by land, sea or air. Fight your way through the island’s towns, temples, river ports and more.
- UNCOVER A MEMORABLE STORY AND AN INSANE CAST OF CHARACTERS - Encounter an engaging and disturbed cast of characters as you take a gritty journey into the dark side of humanity, written by a Writer’s Guild award-winner.
- PLAY WITH FRIENDS IN A FULL CO-OP CAMPAIGN - Team up for a 4-player standalone story campaign that will challenge you to be your best and work together to prevail. Experience the island through the eyes of a wayward crew in their own quest to survive against the odds. Play online or split-screen.
- A DIFFERENT BREED OF MULTIPLAYER - Far Cry 3’s innovative multiplayer rewards skill and team play. To level-up, players must support each other by boosting with battle cries, reviving teammates, and calling-in team support weapons. After each match, choose to punish or show mercy for your foes in fun and twisted ways with interactive cut scenes.
- USE THE MAP EDITOR TO CREATE AND ACCESS NEW CONTENT - The powerful and easy-to-use Far Cry map editor is back, with new and improved features. A community of mapmakers ensures a constant stream of new content, with the best showcased for the world to enjoy. Using map template tools, you can make amazing maps quickly and easily.
Showing 1-8 of 130 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The open world islands are massive and let you explore the gorgeous landscapes, waterfalls and oceans at your complete leisure. The main story line is wonderfully done and is quite long compared to other similar games. What makes this one stand out though, is the complete diversity of the landscapes, the wildlife which range from bengal tigers and crocodiles, gila monsters, great white sharks, jellyfish and manta rays, exotic birds and wild boars to name a few. There's even tiny touches that you don't always notice, creatures scuttleing around that are so small you can overlook them but they are there nonetheless. Tiny beach crabs and gecko's scuttling around and giant tortoises hiding in the long grass, there really has been no detail spared in this game.
There are tons of side missions to do and the game never feels old or tired.
You can upgrade a plethora of weapons and attributes as the game progresses and the weapons you use have a real feeling of power and force to them. You can aquire a wingsuit and parachute which lets you hurl yourself off of the highest cliffs and hilltops and simply float yourself to new pastures which is really satisfying.
There's a range of vehicles to aquire from, cars, to boats and jet ski's, to hangliders and the game is presented with awesomely realistic graphics and sound.
The cut scenes are impeccably done and there are very few glitches of note to complain about (a massive plus in my book).
The freedom you are given to pick and choose what you do in the game is fantastic, you can hunt down gang members hiding in the hilltops, hunt down rare and fierce animals to build yourself upgrades or make money. Hunt round abandoned Japanese war bunkers to collect rare leeters from long dead soldiers and traverse the island, the ocean an an array of underground caves to collect treasure hidden within.
I really can not speak highly enough of Farcry 3, it is an awesome game that you will not want to put down. Just try going for a swim in the ocean and try not to jump when a huge shark comes out of nowhere to take a bite out of you, it gets me everytime.
The only disappointment I can think of were the added DLC packs, which I thought were a little too linear and too short but this is a tiny gripe at best.
Definately the best game of its kind out there. 10/10
The startup tutorial sequence is a little drawn out and far from feeling like an open world game, things run along some very tight rails. Fortunately this doesn't last too long and after you make your whining escape and wake in the village things do start to improve. At times the game is a little too inclined to hold your hand and the frequent popups and alerts is quite wearing as every person, location, plant, weapon, vehicle and animal you encounter seems to need a glibly comedic database entry.
I can't say those are big complaints and once you are set free to run around Rook Island you begin to realise that there is a lot you can do. For an open world game, there are a large number impassable slopes and sheer ravines. Hunting animals for their hides is interesting and makes progression a little more challenging than normal and some of those animals stalk you right back. It's not uncommon to wipe out a horde of pirates and rabid dogs only to be mauled to death by a sprinting tiger. Whilst it makes the game interesting it also adds to the frustration when you wake up in a safehouse and you realise you have to retrace your steps again.
The sound and visuals are strong enough although the dialogue is toe curlingly awful in places
Annoying posse aside, the baddies are flamboyantly nefarious, with great screen presence for CGI characters, making the adventure story fun, so hat tip for that.
In terms of single player game play, one drawback is that once you "conquer" territory from the enemy an area becomes total secure (save from wild animals) so there is nothing to really do there afterwards. A great aspect of Far Cry 2 was that everywhere other than the cease-fire neutral towns was potentially hostile, and a roving patrol could bump you at any point. It lent a certain tension and required deliberate actions to see you through.
Nevertheless, a great game well worth giving a go if you like free-form problem solving with guns and explosives.