Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £2.03 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Far Cry 3 - The Lost Expeditions Edition(PC DVD)
|Price:||£14.94 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
- Platform: Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 12 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 12. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 12 years of age or over.
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
The Lost Expeditions Edition
SINGLE PLAYER: 2 Suspenseful Action Missions - Forgotten Experiment and Ignition in the Deep
- MISSION 1: FORGOTTEN EXPERIMENT: Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, Jason discovers that the only way out is through the crumbling WWII ruins. But if Jason hopes to escape, he’ll have to activate the old experiments and unleash the electric storm that could kill him.
- MISSION 2: IGNITION IN THE DEEP: Inside an abandoned WWII military silo, the only thing standing between Jason and freedom are pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel. One stray bullet and the entire complex could go up in flames, forcing Jason to rely on his wits and stealth to survive.
MULTIPLAYER: Type 10 Japanese Flare gun
Beyond the reach of civilization lies a lawless island ruled by violence. This is where you find yourself stranded, caught in a bloody conflict between the island’s psychotic warlords and indigenous rebels. Struggling to survive, your only hope of escape is through the muzzle of a gun.
Discover the island’s dark secrets and take the fight to the enemy; improvise and use your environment to your advantage; and outwit its cast of ruthless, deranged inhabitants. Beware the beauty and mystery of this island of insanity… Where nothing is what is seems, you’ll need more than luck to escape alive.
- THE ULTIMATE OPEN WORLD - Create your own FPS action and adventure. Customize your weapons, your skills and your approach to each mission, whether you favor intense run-and-gun action, stealthy close-up takedowns, or long range sniping.
- AN ISLAND OF DANGER AND DISCOVERY - Explore a diverse island playground, from mountain ranges to swampy grasslands and white sandy beaches. Discover relics, hunt exotic animals, play mini-games, and travel fast by land, sea or air. Fight your way through the island’s towns, temples, river ports and more.
- UNCOVER A MEMORABLE STORY AND AN INSANE CAST OF CHARACTERS - Encounter an engaging and disturbed cast of characters as you take a gritty journey into the dark side of humanity, written by a Writer’s Guild award-winner.
- PLAY WITH FRIENDS IN A FULL CO-OP CAMPAIGN - Team up for a 4-player standalone story campaign that will challenge you to be your best and work together to prevail. Experience the island through the eyes of a wayward crew in their own quest to survive against the odds. Play online or split-screen.
- A DIFFERENT BREED OF MULTIPLAYER - Far Cry 3’s innovative multiplayer rewards skill and team play. To level-up, players must support each other by boosting with battle cries, reviving teammates, and calling-in team support weapons. After each match, choose to punish or show mercy for your foes in fun and twisted ways with interactive cut scenes.
- USE THE MAP EDITOR TO CREATE AND ACCESS NEW CONTENT - The powerful and easy-to-use Far Cry map editor is back, with new and improved features. A community of mapmakers ensures a constant stream of new content, with the best showcased for the world to enjoy. Using map template tools, you can make amazing maps quickly and easily.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Let me explain why....
I loved Far Cry. The original was ground-breaking. You needed a freakishly good PC to even run the thing. I had to upgrade my GPU at the time just to play it. The best cash I've ever spent. The water, the foliage, the different tactics, the ludicrous plot twists etc made the game one of my favourite of all time.
Then the second Far Cry came along and changed the rules completely. A FPS RPG kinda game. Still brutal. Still needing a beast of a PC to run. Plot was ok. But what I didn't like was the whole 'sandbox' aspect of it. All of sudden you had to get 'missions' a la GTA or something similar. God knows why they felt the need to change it, but they did. Some loved the game, I never finished it. I got bored of travelling from A to B with the sole purpose of getting given another mission, coincidentally back where I was before.
So seeing the trailers for Far Cry 3, the first thing that struck me was the island. Back to basics perhaps? Well, kind of. The game is beautiful. The jungle, the caves, the beaches, the sea....oh the sea....wow. Like the original, the sea looks astonishing. And guess what? Just like the original, it is a monster to run. First game in two years I've not been able to run on high or ultra high settings. So you'd better have some nice new kit, or some top of the range pc from a 12-18 months ago or you'll struggle to get acceptable framerate.....
....but I digress. The game itself. Storyline and characters are great. Insane nutjobs that portray the despair of your predicament. Violence is high.Read more ›
I didn't compare Far Cry with Far Cry 2, but I do compare Far Cry 2 with Far Cry 3 but before you judge me read the full review, the reason for my comparison is because both are using Duniya Engine, and I loved the Duniya (meaning "world" in Persian, Hindi and Arabic among other languages) in Far Cry 2. One of the best features for Far Cry 2 was that the gameplay is realistic and brilliant and the way you play categorically influence the game. Far Cry 3 is much greater with those elements. There are multiple way of approaching the game.
Somewhere between the Indian and the Pacific ocean there is a beautiful tropical archipelago called Rook Islands, Jason Brody, the protagonist finds himself stranded in a very hostile environment worse, his brother Doug killed and his girlfriend Liza disappeared. He is determined to find her and avenge his brother's death, more important, to get out of the Island which is inhabited by savages, crazies, dangerous animals and other aggressive elements.Read more ›
Then installed the game for the second time! I have not had one crash. Something worked! The game is excellent!
The only thing I hate is all the skill levels and skinning the animals to get the things you need to play the game. A lot of buggering about, and do we have to really hunt animals, my mind set is ok, but will this trigger off certain issues with the demented society we already have? I still think Far Cry was better for a shoot me up without the hassle of collecting things.
Anyway, this game is still brilliant and i do like the idea that you have to kill an animal to save your skin, that goes without saying when a tiger, leopard, komodo dragon etc is on your heels!
It adds the tension without a doubt! Went to take a short cut cross a river and a crocodile got hold of me! Made me jump and laugh after!
Yes the game will be hard act to follow, just wish they had cut the skinning and finding silly trinkets and looting your dead out etc!
System used - i7 920 @ 3.4ghz - 6 gig ram hd7970 very high settings to ultra
Played Far cry 2 (about a dozen times from start to finish), REALLY Loved it.
Have been awaiting Far Cry 3 literally for years, Disappointed. :(
All I really wanted was Far Cry 2 with, maybe a few more characters, some new missions and maybe a different landscape.
Well the landscape is certainly good and the new characters are good but the actual storyline and practical game play leave a lot to be desired. The Lack of a "quick save" was a major issue or me. If you have to stop playing mid mission, then next time the game is started you have to go right back to square one.
Credits in Far Cry 2 where gathered by earning diamonds, but in 3 it's done mainly by "Skinning" wildlife. What sort of Shoot 'em up is that ????
The worst bit is the stupid drug induced fantasy levels which have to be fought through if you want to proceed and see Citra's breasts.
A shoot 'em up should be just that IMO, no stabbing, no hunting animals, and no "drugs" which make your mouse hard to control.
PS I'm now playing Far Cry 3 Blood dragon (about a fiver to download). So it can't have been all that bad.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One of my favorite FPS games I've played. Truly brilliant characters and world to interact with.Published 19 months ago by Mrs K.
Far Cry 3 is pretty good but difficult to follow. The previous Far Cry games were quite simple to follow (depending on the "difficulty" selected. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Mr. A. H. Smith
Once the 'game' is out of the way, one can practice 'liberating' the camps on 2 seperate islands (one can also re-set the camps to 'enemy controlled' again without the need to go... Read morePublished on 11 April 2014 by Frendo
One of the best single player FPS games to grace the PC. multiplayer co-op is really hard, multiplayer competitive deathmatch is quite boring. Read morePublished on 16 Feb. 2014 by DQQ
Bought this for my partner-best buy...as he has had hours of entertainment on it! Great interaction and endless fun.Highly recommend - 10 out of 10.Published on 30 Dec. 2013 by Sexy Sue.
I cannot really give a rating here but I don't think I would enjoy it somehow. It was purchased for my Son-in-Law who has the other two DVDs and he seems to like them.Published on 16 Oct. 2013 by Mrs K H Richardson