- Also check our best rated Xbox 360 Game reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £2.03 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £2.05 UK delivery
Far Cry 2 - Classics Edition (Xbox 360)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Xbox 360
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 18 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 18. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 18 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
The long awaited sequel to the popular first-person shooter Far Cry. More than just a visual and technological achievement, Far Cry 2 immerses players in an entirely new kind of gaming experience, featuring a custom-made video game engine built from the ground up. Players will discover a true open world gameplay set in one of the most beautiful environments in the world, Africa, brought to life by high-definition next-gen technology.
- Dunia Engine: The award winning Ubisoft Montreal dev team has tailor-made this new engine for Far Cry 2. It delivers the most realistic destructible environments, amazing special effects such as dynamic fire and storm effects, real-time day and night cycle, dynamic music system, non-scripted enemy A.I. and much more.
- Destructible Environment: No more thinking about obstacles, everything is breakable and alterable, even in Multiplayer mode! The DUNIA engine's RealTree technology also delivers the most realistic nature deterioration system ever.
- Weapons Of Choice: Choose from a plethora of weapons to make your way to your primary target. Meet the fight head-on with your machine gun, go berserk with your machete or make stealth kill as a Sniper.
- Open World: Experience real freedom while roaming in more than 50km2 without any loading. Never a game has given you so much liberty! Discover Africa as if you were there thanks to amazing artistic research supported by next-gen technology to make it come to life!
- A Huge Adventure & Hours Of Side Quests: Discover war in its rawest form! Fight for two rival factions, choose your own path and make your way up to your primary target by any means necessary. Feel free to explore this gigantic world and play over 70 side quests to earn help, new weapons and vehicles!
- Non-Scripted Artificial Intelligence: Next-gen technology brings a brand new experience to Far Cry 2. Be surprised
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The world of Far Cry 2 is stunning, a huge variety of tropical landscapes which are hugely enjoyable, and highly realistic, from creeping through steaming jungles teeming with insects in a tropical rainstorm, to driving a jeep through endless deserts and savana dodging the herds of zebra its very easy to lose yourself in the game.
The actual game-play is a little frustrating initially and getting your gunsights on an enemy and emptying a magazine may not take him down, but things do improve, regular visits to the gunshops early in the game are a must as is learning to use fire tactically, personally i found the silent route a little frustrating as even when armed with a silenced MP5 it doesn't take the enemy long to realize you are nearby.
The enemy AI is indeed challenging, but this is no bad thing, enemies will try and outflank you, and sometimes climb to a vantage point to try and pick you off from a distance, wounding enemies can produce some interesting results, from a comrade running out of cover to try and assist them, to them crawling or hobbling off to cover.
All the characters in the game are superbly detailed, its impressive to see such evil stares and non verbal threats.
A very very good game, a huge and richly detailed world and an enormous variety of ways to play through the story. being a malaria ridden heartless mercenary caught up in an african civil war has never been so much fun.
For you the choice may be different, but the thing here will be familiarity and ease of use.
You come up on a guard post. No one has seen you so you slink into the undergrowth. Sniper rifle. Take them out from a distance.
The guard post is alerted and two jeeps with mounted machine guns come racing at you. Grenade launcher.
Just for the fun of it. Bazooka.
And that is Far Cry 2. It ain't perfect, some missions can be repetitive and I've read of others getting stuck at 84ish % when the game has a bug, but this is good honest FPS Gaming.
For a real treat hit the petrol dump in the dark. The fire effects are amazing. You can burn the grass lands just to flush enemies out.
Initially you feel on a 'rail' as you MUST do certain things to go further, but this is a small part at the start of the game, and after that you are effectively left to do as you want. Get a mission from one faction or the other, take on an 'hit' (target of opportunity!) or hit the latest convoy the gun dealer's rival is trying to get into the area.
Loads of weapons to earn, buddies to meet, vehicles to use (can't get used to that blinkin' hanglider!).
The game has its faults: As said the missions can be repetitive, the bad guys simply go crazy when they spot you and having to take your maleria tablets every so often (and sometimes in the middle of a pitched) battle can be annoying, but the other points of FC2 will make those 'faults' easier to take.
Good online multi player too.
Now if I could just stop hitting zebras in the dark............
Far Cry 2 offers a large and immersive open-world to traverse, complete with weather effects and day-night transitions.
Visually it is still one of the most beautiful games I have ever played.
However like the Fallout games there is too much empty space between you and the action.
Add to this the very repetitive nature of the side-missions and their lack of interesting storyline-content.
Having to constantly fight the same guard patrols over and over also got boring rather quickly.
The action gameplay, once you get to it, is very satisfying; the weapons are rustic and the combat raw and gritty.
I liked the choice of older weapons, I liked that the weapons got jammed once in a while, I liked that the game did not pause when you healed yourself, I liked that you had limited health regeneration, I liked that you could only save at certain physical locations, I liked that the enemies were quite smart once attacked, I liked that you fought in a wide range of environments and settings.
I also really liked the storyline and characters. While the game has plenty of flaws, the action gameplay more than made up for it.
Add to all that the virtual open free world experience and you are actually there living the missions.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Pretty damn good but has some issues. Combat could be better but I would still recommend it.Published 18 months ago by Karin
Not too bad, son again claims to enjoy which in its self is a miracle, as his favorite pastime is usually annoying me.Published on 25 May 2014 by Amazon Customer
Thank you for the quick delivery. The product was exactly as displayed and explained. My son is having great fun, while playing this game.Published on 25 April 2014 by TURHAN Bï¿½LENT Tï¿½RKER
Bought this as I used to have it on PC. It's getting old now but it's still a good shooter. Very cheap price when I purchased. 40p!Published on 5 Mar. 2014 by 34007Wadebridge