Founded in 1949, Fantasy & Science Fiction magazine is the award-winning original publisher of such classics as Stephen King's Dark Tower, Daniel Keyes's Flowers for Algernon, and Walter M. Miller's A Canticle for Leibowitz. Each bimonthly issue offers compelling short fiction by writers such as Ray Bradbury, Ursula K. Le Guin, and Terry Bisson, along with the science-fiction field's most respected and outspoken opinions on books, films and science--plus a dash of humor from our cartoonists and writers.
Fantasy & Science Fiction Kindle Edition
You can cancel at any time during the 30-day FREE period and you will not be charged. If you do not cancel within the 30-day FREE period, your subscription will continue at the normal price using a payment method that we have on record for you. You are eligible for only one free period per title.
This publication is not available for some devices. The publisher may have opted out of making it available on certain devices, or the Kindle Reading App experience may not yet be optimised for this publication.
- This subscription comes with a risk-free 30-day FREE period after which the subscription starts. Learn more about subscriptions.
- Newspapers and magazines may not include photos and other images.
- In order to complete your transaction, we will share your order data (name, invoice address, order information) with the publisher or magazine vendor and circulation-auditing organization. We will not share your e-mail address without your permission. Find out more.
- This subscription will automatically renew until you decide to cancel at any time. We’ll renew on your behalf at the lowest price available on Amazon at the time of renewal. Learn more about auto-renewal.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Privacy & Security
We will share your name and address with publisher or magazine vendor and circulation-auditing organization, but we will not share your email address without your permission.
- This subscription will automatically renew until you decide to cancel.
- For subscriptions with terms of 6 months or longer, or where otherwise required by law, Amazon will send you a renewal notice via email before your subscription expires and notify you of the rate at which your subscription will renew. Amazon will renew on your behalf at the lowest renewal rate then available to Amazon.co.uk customers at the time of renewal.
- For monthly subscriptions, your subscription will continue to renew each month at the purchase price until you cancel.
- For all subscriptions, you can cancel anytime by going to Manage Your Content and Devices, where you can also update your payment method and address information.
Learn more about auto-renewal subscriptions on Amazon.co.uk
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
I have to say that I'd rather have the paper copy, but the cost of mailing it to the UK puts it out of my price range.
I signed up and got the Nov/Dec 2015 issue and it has worked out perfectly. Not only have I enjoyed the stories but I wasn’t familiar with the authors so I added their other works to my “books to look for” list. I enjoyed Jeffrey Ford’s “The Winter Wraith” and immediately picked up his collection of short stories “The Fantasy Writer’s Assistant”. Reading Charles de Lint’s book reviews I found that I agreed 100% on those I had read so I guess that I’ve found my “go to” book reviewer. There is so much more- novellas, book recommendations, poem, and even some silly cartoons. I easily got as much entertainment from this as I do most books.
My only complaint- and it’s pretty trivial- is that there are no page numbers. I want to know going in how long something is so I know that I can finish it in the time I have available. You can only navigate between different stories/sections.
I’m never going to subscribe to a paper magazine again (have 2yrs of home mags I haven’t read yet) but I’m very happy that I signed up for this e version. I strongly recommend this for sci fi/fantasy fanatics.
The writers who have appeared in its pages read like a who's who of the Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror field and have included Stephen King, JG Ballard. Brian W. Aldiss, Robert Bloch, Lucius Shepard, Robert Silverberg, Fritz Leiber, Fred Pohl, Jack Vance and hundreds more.
Publishing a literate and sometimes literary blend of SF, Fantasy and Horror, it is worth much more than the 99p subscription price (UK readers). I already have a paper subscription and have also subscribed to the Kindle one; at this price it is worth the extra to have the convenience of a electronic edition. At the risk of stating the obvious you would be much better subscribing for three issues than buying a single copy.
Will post a paragraph giving a review of this particular issue once I've read it.
Give it a go!!
PS As pointed out in the comments it is 99p per month not issue, so £1.98 per issue.
So when I saw that Amazon were doing magazine subscriptions on the Kindle, and that one of those magazines was Fantasy & Science Fiction I didn't really have any choice, I had to buy it. And given that Kindle magazine subscriptions include the first copy for free it's a no-brainer.
And I'm so glad I did it. My first copy was chock full of well-written short stories. If one or two were a bit sub-par that doesn't really matter, especially given that once I start paying it'll only be £0.99 a month, about a third of what it costs on paper - it's an absolute bargain, and you should subscribe immediately.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category