Fanny Wang 2000 Series Over Ear DJ Headphone with Remote - Black/White
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Powered Amp + 50mm dual plated drivers deliver the cleanest sound reproduction in its class
- Selectable Bass Boost switches on 6dB of rich bone-shaking bass
- iPhone, iPad and iPod ready with remote and mic
Customers also shopped for
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the studio to the club, the Fanny Wang 2000 Series Over Ear DJ Headphones feature luxury powered sound complimented by our selectable bass boost switch. By supporting the supple mids and highs, this makes our Over Ear DJ Headphones the most versatile tool in your audio arsenal.
Duo JackThe first social headphones. Music was meant to be shared – and with Fanny Wang’s Duo Jack, it’s easy to invite a friend to tune into your music. The Duo Jack comes standard on every set of Fanny Wang’s. Go on, be social – share your music…
Apple CompatibilityiPhone, iPad and iPod ready with remote and mic: Made for iPod touch (2nd, 3rd and 4th generation), iPod classic, iPod nano (4th, 5th and 6th generation), iPod shuffle (3rd and 4th generation), iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad (3G and WiFi) and iPad 2 (3G and WiFi).
Intelligent DesignDesign features include a captive (lanyard) battery door.
Apple FriendlyAn Apple remote is built into the connecting cord to control volume and track changes and to talk on the phone.
SoundBacked by technology-based sound engineering, the powered 50mm dual-plated matched drivers add heft to the bass line without muffling like so many other products in this category, while supporting the supple mids and highs that make Fanny Wang headphones the most versatile tool in your audio collection.
Auto Power Off and Pass Through CircuitryAuto Power Off shuts down the headphones to conserve its AAA batteries when the headphones are not in use. However, even with exhausted batteries, the headphones will still work in standard mode without Bass Boost thanks to Pass Through Circuitry.
Set of Over Ear DJ Headphones
Duo Jack Cable
Two AAA Batteries
Top customer reviews
1. Fanny Wang's customer service is disgraceful. Full stop. I buy a lot of electronics online and very rarely do they go wrong, but when they do I have never felt so badly treated as I have dealing with Fanny Wang co. My headphones snapped (and yours will too at some point because it's a manufacturing fault) because the shiny metal hinge plateS (-plural) you can see in the photos broke off. Those shiny metal plates are screwed in to two very flimsy plastic screw inserts. They WILL break off after regular flexing of the plastic (every time you put them on and take them off your head). Those metal plates are what reinforces the plastic headband above the hinge, an area susceptible to snapping due to regular flexure, and that's why they are there and will cause the headband to snap if they are not.
So, my FW headphones snapped after owning them for 4 months. I contacted Fanny Wang about this and the possibility of having them repaired or replaced, since it's obviously a manufacturing flaw - or so they admitted (I sent them pictures of it) and within the 2 year warranty period. Fanny Wang agreed to repair or replace it and told me to send it back to them, so I did. Despite their initial good communication in dealing with my problem before sending them off, I was not prepared for the complete lack of communication (ignoring my email's) that followed thereafter. Put it this way, the headphones were sent back on the 22nd of December 2012 and it is now coming up to April and I have NOT received by repaired or replaced headphones NOR have I received a response from them since. Apparently this total lack of customer care is not uncommon of Fanny Wang, just look at their reputation on the Better Business Bureau (US's version of Trading Standards) website, on which they were awarded a grade F (scale of A+ to F) which says it all. AVOID PURCHASING FANNY WANG HEADPHONES.
All those who are having problems with FW's customer care (and there are many of you) please comment below this review. We need to stop people being ripped off by terrible "electronics companies" like Fanny Wang.
Now, about the product itself...
2. When they first arrived, I thought they were OK headphones. Sound quality is good but nothing to write home about, especially considering the £200 premium. There are definitely better sounding headphones out there (i.e. Audio technica ATH-M50) but arguably they don't look as nice as the Fanny Wang "2003 over ear DJ". The sound quality of these headphones is comparable to or very slightly better than the Beats Studio's - which are rubbish in my opinion.
3. The quality of the plastics used and the way it has been put together is what you would come to expect of headphones that cost £30-40, not £200+. They make cheap plastic noises when you hold them, as if something is loose, and they flex way more than I'm comfortable with when held at one headphone. But the headphones do fold satisfactorily into place with a nice reassuring sound.
4. The white part of the inner headband is made of rubber and is very grippy which can be annoying. It will turn yellowish eventually, no matter how clean you think you are. Also, the rubbery inner headband is poorly put together and you will see the black plastic headband through large gaps above the shiny metal hinge.
Overall, It's not a matter of IF but WHEN these headphones will break, only Amazon can save you (in the first few months). After that it will just be between you and the Fanny Wang support staff to fix your £200 snapped Fanny Wang On ear DJ's - good luck with that.
After sending them off for repair around the 20th of December 2012, I have only now (16/05/13) received a replacement from Fanny Wang. That's 5 months. Make of this what you will. The 1 star rating remains because I maintain that this company should be avoided. Save yourself some money and go look at the ATH-M50's.
Despite contacting Fanny Wang directly they refused to do anything because it was over a year since I bought them. Amazon on the other hand have offered me a full refund.
I have now bought Bose Quiet 15s instead. They are a world apart: better ANC, smaller, more comfortable and look less like a DJ wanna be.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
I think 3 stars is fair, the carry case is very nice!