on 25 October 2005
There truly aren't enough words to describe how great this read really is. Truly this is a one of a kind vampire story and one that will totally entertain you.
Rhys Young is a vampire. Has been for over a two hundred years. On Christmas Eve this gloomy gus walks into a seedy bar and his immortal life will never be the same again. He meets Jane, a truly good heart that speaks to his lost soul. Well, Jane is too good of a girl to be in the dive they're drinking in and when her naive wonder gets her in trouble Rhys saves her, walks her back to her hotel and gets on with life. Sort of. See one of his brothers is less than thrilled with him...to the point that he'd like to see him dead. So he takes matters into his own teeth and sets out to wipe Rhys off the planet. Too bad Jane has made her way back for something she's lost. Now she's in danger as well.
Enter Sebastian, Rhys other brother (can you say yummy???) he saves Rhys and Jane and takes them back to their home. When Rhys wakes up well, lets just say he has a memory problem. He thinks he's a Viscount and that they are living in London cira 1800 something. Yup a vampire with amnesia. Oh, did I mention that Sebastain is going to go along with the whole thing because he wants Rhys to keep Jane?
What will happen when Rhys finally remembers just who and what he is? Will he keep Jane or will Christian have the final say?
Wow, this book will make you laugh, cry, and laugh again. Ms. Love has an amazing sense of humor and aptly demonstrates this for faithful readers with her wonderful Vampire story. I can't wait for the next one and I highly recommend this read. You won't be sorry.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 September 2005
Oh, Brother!
There are Christmas mornings and then there are Christmas mornings like this one: watching my brother, Rhys, swagger through our New York City apartment...smiling. We are talking about Rhys, the detached, surly and annoying; the man who turned brooding into an art form. But he's not brooding now. No, he's practically threatening to pistol whip me for shaking hands with the beautiful, sweet, half-dressed creature named Jane who just tried to sneak out of his bedroom. Weird. And who knew Brother Grim even had a sex drive?
But it isn't just the smiling and the sudden libido that has me freaked out. Something terrible happened last night, something that made my brother break his own rule and save the life of a mortal. Whatever it was, now he doesn't remember anything from the past two hundred years. He wants Jane so bad that he's forcing himself to forget he's a vampire, taking himself back to a time before he crossed over and our family was destroyed. He's sauntering around the place like a Regency viscount with an English accent, saying things like "I behaved like a randy, soused caper-wit." Did we ever really talk like that? So, Rhys doesn't know he's a vampire, and neither does Jane. This is what we call a problem.
All I know is, this mortal woman has managed to touch my brother's frozen heart, and I, Sebastian Young, will do whatever it takes to help him keep her...
on 14 August 2008
Having read the reviews I was eager to read this book and as MaryJanice Davidson said on the back of the book ".... will make you laugh until milk comes out of your nose. No, really." There was definitely no spilt milk for me. The premise was good, Rhys has amnesia to forget he's a vampire and regresses back to the good old days - really old days, 200 hundred years to be precise. This for me is where the humour of the situation could have been played up, lots of room for comedy that would raise more than the odd quiet chuckle. Jane, his soul mate, on the whole seemed as if she was imported from a historical romance and occasionally spoke slang to update her. I also found her constant admiration of Rhys tiresome - yes I got that you think he's all that but give me a break. I hate to write reviews that criticse but this book definitely wasn't for me.
on 15 July 2012
I was very dissapointed with this book. I was looking forward to reading it because I thought it had a good story to it, however I have to agree with the lower ratings on this book. I think alot more could have been done with the story and it could have been quite a funny book. I got annoyed with the two main characters in the end because it was mainly about sex which I dont mind to a certain degree but it just seemed dominate the book and I got quite frustrated with that. I also got annoyed at how much they went on and on about how much they adored each other, yes in places that would have been fine but it also seemed to take over the book. I think alot more could have been made of the characters especially Rhys, he could have been very funny. His brothers seemed more interesting than him, I also thought Jane was quite tiresome. All in all I would not reccomend to a friend.
on 12 January 2010
I've been looking for something to keep me going until the new Anita Blake or Queen Betsy came out and i found this hoping that it was going to be good but god wasnt i disappointed the story is so slow going that i'm actually thinking of not bothering reading it
on 24 January 2008
The story of this book has already been introduced to you by the reviewers before me, so the only thing left for me to do is to say what I thought of this story.
I found this book HIGHLY entertaining. The story is so well thought of and the characters are nothing but wonderful. Throughout the book we follow Rhys's slow yet interesting recovery after the night of the attack. Not at any point was I bored. The ending might be a tad bit predictable, however this does not in ANY way ruin the experience. This is a very light and cheerful read, so go for it !!!!
on 16 December 2009
I am a big fan of the urban fantasy/paranormal/romance genre. After struggling through some pretty average books of late I was thrilled to get stuck into this and it kept me interested. Plenty of romance or erotic scenes. Sometimes when you start on a vampire series you have to go through the all the 'rules' that makes them different from another author. This book was smooth and flowing. It is an easy enjoyable read and I'm looking forward to the next books.
on 8 January 2013
very good all these book much the same but a good light read sexy in places but not to bad good author read a few of her books
on 15 April 2015
Love it, it fits without needing alteration. It is comfortable to wear and looks great