Family Guy - Season 1  [DVD]
|Additional DVD options||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Buy Episodes||Buy Season|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The first volume of episodes of the animated sitcom created by Seth MacFarlane. The Griffins are an average North American family living in an average North American home in an average North American town. The dad Peter (voice of MacFarlane) is a big TV fan; mom Lois (Alex Borstein) is a former heiress who gave up her riches to marry the man she loves; 16-year-old Meg (Mila Kunis) is a drama queen eager to be accepted by her peers; 13-year-old Chris (Seth Green) likes his food and has the beginnings of a TV habit which could grow to equal his dad's; baby Stewie (MacFarlane) is a malevolent genius with plans for complete global domination; and martini-guzzling Brian (MacFarlane) is the family dog. The episodes are: 'Death Has a Shadow', 'I Never Met the Dead Man', 'Chitty Chitty Death Bang', 'Mind Over Murder', 'A Hero Sits Next Door', 'The Son Also Draws', 'Brian: Portrait of a Dog', 'Peter, Peter, Caviar Eater', 'Holy Crap', 'Love Thy Trophy', 'Death Is a Bitch', 'The King Is Dead', 'If I'm Dyin', I'm Lyin'' and 'Running Mates'.
Family Guy shouldn't work at all. Even by the witless standards of modern television, it is breathtakingly derivative: does an animated series about the travails of a boorish, suburban yob with a saintly wife, a hopeless son, a clever daughter and a baby sound familiar at all? Even the house in Family Guy looks like it was built by the same architects who sketched the residence of The Simpsons.
However, Family Guy does work, transcending its (occasionally annoyingly) obvious influences with reliably crisp writing and the glorious sight gags contained in the surreal flashbacks which punctuate the episodes. Most importantly, the show's brilliance comes from two absolutely superb characters: Stewie, the baby whose extravagant dreams of tyrannising the world are perpetually thwarted by the prosaic limitations of infanthood, and the urbane family dog Brian--Snoopy after attendance at an obedience class run by Frank Sinatra. Family Guy does not possess the cultural or satirical depth of The Simpsons--very little art in any field does. But it is a genuinely funny and clever programme. --Andrew Mueller
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A lot has been said about the episodes on this box as well as the specials. Now here's what's actually on this set:
- This box contains 34 discs, in turn containing 182 episodes. These episodes are all episodes until 'Internal Affairs', minus a few exceptions, listed below.
- The special 'Road to the North Pole' is part of this set (season 11) and does not need to be bought separately.
- The special 'Happy freakin' Christmas' is made up of the two episodes 'A very special Family Guy freakin' Christmas' and 'Da boom'; both these episodes are part of this box set (seasons 2 and 3) and do not need to be bought separately.
- The special 'Ho-ho-holy cr*p!' is made up of the two episodes 'Thanksgiving' and 'Jesus, Mary and Joseph'; the first is present in this box (in season 12), the second will be part of the season 13 release (so it's NOT in this box). But since both episodes are part of the regular releases of the seasons, this special also does not need to be bought separately.
- The special 'Stewie Griffin: the untold story' is made up of the three episodes 'Stewie B. Goode', 'Bango was his name, oh!' and 'Stu and Stewie's excellent adventure'; these episodes are NOT on this box set and therefore do need to be bought separately (if one wishes to complete the collection).
- The Star Wars episodes ('Blue harvest', 'Something, something, something, Dark side' and 'Episode VI: It's a trap') are NOT part of this box set and are separately available as well as in one box set called 'Laugh it up, fuzzball'. If one wishes to complete the collection, one should buy these specials as well.
All of the other episodes are complete, albeit behind on the TV releases. (The final episode on this collection, while stated as being season 12, is actually the last episode of season 10. The DVD set called season 13, will be comprised of the episodes of season 11.)
So I hope this clarifies what you will and will not find in this box set, but I definitely recommend it. It took me a while to get used to it, but now I love it. If you're a fan like me and want to watch it more often than just on TV, you should buy this collection.
I've always had a soft spot for Family guy as I grew up with it, it's a great show to watch when you want cheering up.
The DVD's are packaged the same way as the American dad boxset, so its a sturdy case, keeps them all in place.
Also if you order this box set, I saw to add to my basket season 13 for just 4.99, so I did!
Brilliant boxset. Peter really is an idiot haha
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews