• Fame

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

VINE VOICEon 8 May 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've never really gone in for the "bonkbuster" genre but have spent the last day and a half devouring this novel.

Sabrina Leon is a train wreck of a movie star; having accidentally made a racial slur against one of Hollywood's biggest directors combined with a drink, drug and attitude problem, no one wants to give her the time of day.
Viorel Hudson has had a rags to riches climb to fame and being offered 5.5 million big ones to star in the remake of Wuthering Heights is his big break.
Dorian Rasmirez is the respected director facing financial ruin but puts his heart and soul into the remake.

These three travel to Derbyshire where charitable lady of the manor Tish Crewe becomes entwined in all their lives.

There's bed hopping, glamour, romance, drama and fashion just dripping from these pages. It was pure escapism and difficult to put down. Cheesy and predictable at the end but it was just what I wanted for a lazy weekend.
VINE VOICEon 24 May 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I started this book with high hopes, I have loved her previous books Showdown, Do Not Disturb and Scandalous. However this book just didnt reach the standard of her previous work.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it although I am at odds to why I did like it.
I didn't particularly like any of the main characters, they all started off likeable even though they all have faults...however their characters disintregated into selfish and annoying and then unrealistic in the end.

I suppose out of all of them Dorian would have had to be my favourite but seriously "be a man!" I wanted to yell a few times.

All of the characters all have sexual feelings at one point or another in this book and to me thats annoying....am I to believe that really Vio was in love with Tish but having wild passionate sex with another person. I get sex and love are different but in books its meant to be obvious they love that person. I don't mind the fact that characters get together but I think that there should be some time between each one.
At the end everyone is in love and there didnt seem to be any of her usual build-up, in fact the love aspect seemed incredibly quick and I was unsure at what point in the book did any of these characters actually "fall in love".

I still really enjoyed her writing style and each book reminds me so much of her sister Louise Bagshawe's books (who I LOVE!), her writing drew me in and kept me reading. It is definately a lighthearted "chick lit" beach type of read and if you enjoy these then go for it. But as a Tilly Bagshawe fan I cannot help but feel a little disappointed, this would not put me off her future books though.
VINE VOICEon 27 July 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is not usually the type of novel I read as I find them a bit too shallow and this was; however, I really enjoyed it. I would have given it three stars but thought that it was actually very good for its genre. If, however, you like serious literature then this is not for you.
It is light-hearted and easy to read and it is enjoyable. It is, however, predictable and unbelievable and I could guess the outcomes from the very beginning.
Apart from reiterating the plot which I never do, I can only say that this is a good fun, light read but it is shallow; the characters are unrealistic as is the plot but it was entertaining and a change from some of the more pretentious and depressing novels I've been reading lately.
on 11 February 2014
2nd Tilly Bagshaw book ive read and she is fast becoming one of my fave chic lit authors ... Fame is fab - great characters, funny plot that had me laughing out loud to myself on my lunch breaks ... with some unexpected twist and turns .. however everything ends as it should in a novel like this .. slightly unrealistic but it wants we want to read and what we expect ...!!!
on 25 January 2015
So disappointed with this book that I missed about a quarter just to get to the end so I could finish it. Predictable story - scandal starlet turns good girl, whilst gorgeous leading man falls in love with a charity worker. Not worth the money, glad it was on offer.
on 28 August 2013
I can't put my finger on this book it was ok but not amazing like some of her other books I found it boring and over explained in some places and that the characters ending together could of had a bit more explaing yet I cudnt put it down yer still can't make my mind up lol :-/
on 29 January 2012
Tilly Bagshawe's writing is so good. This is a sexy, absorbing, fun, glamorous read that ticks pretty much all the boxes. I loved the shoot location and was taken in by all the characters, especially Sabrina, who was an excellent mix of vulnerable and spoiled rotten. I read this in a matter of days, it's perfect for curling up with when you want some escapism or packing in your holiday bags. My only gripe was that it was a bit short. Bonkbusters should feel like big epic reads and while this one began with that promise I felt it tied up rather quickly at the end.
on 17 March 2012
This book was enjoyable, but not unputdownable. I have read all of the author's previous novels and I didnt enjoy this book as much as the others. Its probably because I didnt warm to any of the central characters. As a beach read or something to do if you have a spare hour thsn its ok. But usually when I warm to a book, I use every available minute to pick up the book, and this one didnt do that for me.
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am struggling to find anything bad to say about this book, and do you know what, i absolutely cant.

It was sheer perfection, the blend of glamour and glitz and hollywood against the backdrop of 2 very beautiful locations in different parts of the world.

There was not a single character i didnt like, well apart from the very slimy Harry Greene.

Synopsis:

Sabrina Leon, tortured classic movie star pain in the bum makes a huge faux pas and calls the director of her biggest movie a slave driver, well that doesn't go down well as he is a black man whose grandmother was a slave and all of Hollywood turns against her and nobody will give her any work and she ends up in rehab against her will, and then made to shoot a movie for free by the only director in the world that will hire her, the very dashing Dorian rasmirez.

Dorian casts super gorgeous Viorel Hudson as his leading man in the movie who by lack of a better word is a complete tart, and the film shoots in a rambling English house where we come across the very understated Letitia Crewe and her adorable son Abel.

We are also introduced to some secondary characters Chrissie Rasmirez, Dorian's promiscuous wife, rival movie director Harry Greene, a few agents that aren't worth mentioning, some fellow actors whose names i honestly cant remember they are so insignificant, and the brother of Letitia's Calvin Klein model looking obnoxious jerk Jago Crewe and the housekeeper of the house Mrs Drummond.

The story is about a movie, love, passion, parenthood, responsibility, family, obligation and hope, all set against a backdrop of the most shallow place on earth, celebrity.

There was some twist and turns in the story, and things i didn't see coming and it kept me turning the pages, and the end 9 pages well, the minute the 1st word came up on that last chapter i started smiling, and i didn't stop until 9 pages later when it was all over and i was totally and utterly satisfied by the ending.

I sincerely hope and i dont know if anyone else will agree that Tilly brings these 4 main characters back at some point in another book. I would love to see Viorel and Sabrina and Dorian and Letitia again.

Lets face it, 99% of us will never be rich or successful or famous, and we all dream of winning the lottery and being able to live the most fabulous life, but until that happens spending money on this book will allow you to disappear into that world for a few days and live vicariously through the richness of the world created by Tilly.

I had never read any books by Tilly before, in fact i had never heard of her, i have of course read some of her sisters books and loved them, and only made the connection when another reviewer mentioned it but do you know what, comparing them against each other is like comparing mature and mild cheddar cheese, each have their strengths, and some people will always prefer one to the other, crap analogy i know but i cant think of anything else to say other than i was so impressed that I am now off to order her other books.

LOVED IT !!!!
on 13 January 2013
I bought this book by mistake as I thought it was written by Louise Bagshawe. Having said that I did quite enjoy it. There was enough going on to keep you interested but nice easy holiday reading material.