Other Sellers on Amazon
Fallout 3: Game Add-On Pack - Broken Steel and Point Lookout (PC DVD)
|Price:||£13.85 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Battle your way to level 30, with all new perks and achievements to unlock along the way!
- Extends the Main Quest, allowing you to continue playing your existing character and find out what happens next in the Capital Wasteland
- Acquire new high powered Enclave Technology, including a new devastating flamethrower, the Heavy Incinerator
- Discover and explore an entire new area – the beachfront town of Point Lookout
- Explore the chilling mystery that pervades thisonce sleepy town, with a new quest line and open-ended gameplay
- Encounter unique new swamp denizens and weaponry that will test even the toughest
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Windows XP / Vista
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 18 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 18. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 18 years of age or over.
- Media: DVD-ROM
Requires Fallout 3 To Play, Not Included
Broken Steel features:
- Battle your way to level 30, with all-new perks and achievements to unlock along the way!
- Extends the Main Quest, allowing you to continue playing your existing character and find out what happens next in the Capital Wasteland.
- Acquire new high-powered Enclave Technology, including a new devastating flamethrower, the Heavy Incinerator.
Point Lookout features:
- Discover and explore an entire new area - the beachfront town of Point Lookout.
- Explore the chilling mystery that pervades this once sleepy town, with a new quest line and open-ended gameplay.
- Encounter unique new swamp denizens and weaponry that will test even the toughest characters.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I was disappointed with the Operation Anchorage/The Pitt add-on. This however is far far better.
First Broken Steel which is actually an extension of the original game. For those who haven't played or completed FO3 I won't spoil the ending, just say that instead of the game finishing as in the original it carries on with the player continuing their adventures with the Brotherhood and the Enclave. You still get the original cut scene ending which does make the additional continuation of the story a little disjointed but this does not spoil the story or the enjoyment.
Broken Steel does fall a little into the trying to be a FPS trap that hampered Op Anchorage and the main quest can at times seem to be a mindless blast (it's fun though) but the side quest are interesting all I'll say is remember to visit places from the original game and not just the new areas that appear on the map. As it does use the original map it doesn't feel as 'on rails' as the previous add-on although there are plenty of corridors to run and fight down. They have also put in some little physics touches as well, for example, if you find a house of cards and remove the bottom one it collapses nicely.
I give Broken Steel a 4/5
Now Point Lookout which to me is a true add-on the player buys a ticket and takes a boat trip to Maryland where there are a number of quests and side quests to play and a large play area to explore. If you think of the Florida Everglades crossed with the Blair Witch Project it will give you some idea of the scenery, swampy and overgrown with some quite eerie locations. Graphically the views can be quite stunning on a powerful machine.Read more ›
After loading, remember to enter the fallout menu to activate the add-on content.
Other than this fairly major start problem the add-on content is a lot of fun, both story paths are excellent and the ability to go above level 20 is a real boost!
Point lookout is an off map island covered in radioactive swapland and inbred hillbillys that you travel to by boat, and has its own array of charters and quests, much like the original fallout map on a smaller scale.
It is not easy, I wouldn't recommend having a crack at it until at least level 20. Be fully prepared for your favourite weapons not to be so effective out there, and you will have to adapt your playing style to deal with much tougher enemys in much greater numbers than before. I spent more time in "tactical retreats" in the first 30 minutes of playing Point lookout than i needed in the entire fallout game.
There are some fantastically realised and well thought out quests in this game. With the presence of some voodoo magic provided by local tribes people allowing the makers more room for artistic licence, the results are some pretty bizarre, funny and very dark stories. A very entertaining expansion pack, definitely worth the money. It is not a holiday destination though, be prepared to fight for your life.
I've had no problems, crashes or glitches with this addon (very unusual I know)! The game itself is fantastic, allowing you to continue playing fallout3 past the original games ending. I've been able to explore to my hearts content!
Point Lookout as an expansion is awesome! Some of the enermies are ridiculously hard to the point of being annoying but hey!
All in all i thoroughly recommend this expansion.
PS. please dont be phased by people harping on about DRM. There is a version of Securom on this game however its only a simple CD check (nothing we haven't seen before!). No root kit, no activation limitation and no reduction in pc performance! Nothing! If your still sceptical, check the Bethesda website. Its all there in black and white.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Extends the joy that is Fallout 3 for a few more days. Probably won't be bettered in the foreseeable future.Published 16 months ago by Mr. Mark Jones
Bought this for my husband, he loves it because it increases the playability and size of the game.Published 19 months ago by Teejay
Great series, the add on is worth having and better than the other one...Published 21 months ago by Longfellow
Good add-on especially at £2.70. Content is good rather than great and extends the game playing time. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Mr PatrickO
If you've already purchased and played Fallout3 then this is a must for you, if you havnt i recommend you purchase Fallout 3 Game Of The Year Edition as it has all the addons packs... Read morePublished on 29 Jan. 2011 by Speagle
Not a great fan of the expansions.
Prefer the original game which is still one of the best FPS's out there ever. Read more