Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Fallen (Guardian Trilogy Book 1) Kindle Edition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I think a big part of the problem was that nothing at all was adequately explained or developed.
The characters were all very 2d, and very contrived.
Dialogue was cringe-worthy and wooden.
There was absolutely no chemistry between Maggie and Eran. Plus, it was another ridiculous insta-love swoon-over-big-strong-protector thingies which always gets my goat a bit. Ok, so it could be argued that they have this long history together or whatever (I haven't read the other books) but Maggie doesn't remember that so, for her, it's very much the cliched 'I barely know you but you are so the one' type affairs.
And the bad guys? Oh my days. Shallow and nonsensical. They scowl, they glare, they sneer. They send shivers across her neck but...why??? Give em evil chuckling and hand rubbing and they'd have been full-on B Movie style villains.
I hated the ending and her pathetic 'I'm going to save all the ones I care for' decision. Stupid. The final confrontation was...just no. Unbelievable and confusing.
Summary: Story was repetitive and the plot was full of holes. I felt empty after reading it.
I downloaded this book from my recomendations and I'm glad I did. I'm very much a reader that enjoys romantic suspense books and this certainly ticks the boxes.
I've marked it as 4 stars as I do think some improvements could be made. Mainly the story takes a long time to get going. I seemed to be halfway through the book before anything actually happened which was a shame as I was ready for putting the book down and giving up but I perservered and read on as the latter half of the book really makes up for everything.
Maggie really is a loveable character and you know that as you read on to the 2nd & 3rd book there's going to be so much to learn about Maggie, her lives, her friends, her relationships and just how special a person she is.
In Fallen we're introduced to Ezra, Rufus & felix who are Maggie's housemates and you are left with a distinct feeling that they know more than they let on but that is yet to be proved otherwise, who knows what will come in books 2 & 3. I think these characters have much more to offer and I love how Laury has created these different characters who are on the edge of the story but still very important to it.Read more ›
If you're a historian or otherwise you may notice they're both wrong anyway! But do not let this deter you. The story is gripping from the beginning and although the main characters consist of your typical overprotective boyfriend and a stubborn strong main female character you can't help but like them. I prefer this to Fallen by Kate Lauren, although there are some striking similarities, this one is for those slightly older. Do not expect the series to be unpredictable, its a YA book, but do expect an exciting and entertaining read, even if you're in your 20s!
1. If alterums or whatever are good souls who have fell to earth and Eran falls and is an 18 year old when he falls (the same for Gershome in book 3) then when in Paris how come both Maggie and Eran are both children who were born with parents??? I thought that was what caused you to loose your memory if you were reborn ... they knew they were Alterums.
2. If Abaddons great plan was to release the elsics in book 3 and everyone was so horrified then hadn't he already done this in book 2?
3. Fair enough Maggie can deliver messages to to the other side but is this really really that important?
4. All the fallen one's want to kill the messengers simply because they can send them to eternal death.... shouldn't that be a reason to have stayed away from the messengers? All they were doing was carrying messages between family members. If the left them alone then the guardian's would never have been formed and the messengers never would have learned to fight. It just doesn't seem like that big of a reason to attack them.
5. Ok so Marco is a fallen one but he died being a good person. Abandon told him to fall (effectively tricking him as we are told) but when he died would he not have become an Alterum instead of a fallen one. I thought the whole point was you had to do something evil to become a fallen one there isn't anything about Marco being evil before he died. He was actually quite chivalrous.
There are so many more but this series just annoyed me too much I don't want to think about them.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Brilliant story captivating read x
Can't wait to read the following story of Magdalene and eran and see how this lifetime lives out x
Great read, can't wait to start the next one, hope Eran and mags have more adventure and we meet more charactersPublished 4 months ago by Tracey Yeo
I would highly recommend this book... a great wee love story... not very steamy and not too complex but very enjoyablePublished 18 months ago by Miss M Morrison
Highly recommend this book . I love the story between Maggie and earn.. well worth a read onto book 2 can't wait 5 starvratingPublished 19 months ago by sam
cant wait to read more, loved the story, loved the characters, defiantly fell in love al title bit !!!Published on 24 Sept. 2014 by kim
Brilliantly written! Enjoyed it!
I loved the messenger gift! Part of the book made me cry. The love story between Eran and Maggie was stunning.
I bought this book because it had pretty good reviews but I found the story pretty predictable and didn't really care about the characters. Read morePublished on 8 April 2014 by Stacey Wilson
This was a good ya paranormal...but, and there is a but, it lacked a little depth and just general omg factor. Maybe I've just read too many books of this genre. Read morePublished on 16 Mar. 2014 by Total Escapism