The Falklands War, 1982 (Penguin Classic Military History) Paperback – 1 Mar 2001
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Martin Middlebrook is a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society and the author of The Kaiser's Battle: March 1918 (Classic Penguin Military History, September 2000) and The First Day on the Somme (Classic Penguin Military History, May 2001).
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Required reading for anyone with an interest in this area.
Although I missed the Falklands War (I was serving in N. Ireland at the time), I did serve in the British Army for 27 years up to 1993 and know many who were there - largely because I served with 2 Para and 3 Para a few years afterwards.
Many accounts of the Falklands War were rushed into print almost before the dust had settled on the Battlefield. Of these, some were accurate, others were not. This author, however, waited three years before producing his own carefully constructed account (published as ‘Operation Corporate’) which proved to be so factually accurate that only a few trivial errors needed to be corrected in this up-dated version. Most importantly, in this work we find new information on; A. The 3 incidents of British Forces firing on British Forces previously omitted ‘for the sake of the families,’ B. The work of Special Forces on the Argentinean mainland, C. The last ever Vulcan Bomber raid on Stanley Airport (and if I am reading the ‘Black Buck Tanker Plan’ correctly - even the refuelling aircraft had to be refuelled and then refuelled again in order to provide the final refuelling for the Vulcan Bombers!) and D.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Martin Middlebrow has a great way of describing the often quite complex array of events that occurred during this war He does it in a style that is extremely readable and engaging... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
As something of an addict on all things relating to the Falklands War of 1982, I have read and re-read this book a number of times.Published on 25 Jun. 2013 by G J Shawley
En tant que français, j'avais conservé de la guerre des Malouines le souvenir d'une expédition britannique facilement couronnée de succès malgré... Read morePublished on 9 May 2010 by Richard Valence
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Edwardian and Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Falklands War
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Post-war Period, 1946-Present
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Australasia & Pacific > Australasia > Australia
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Australasia & Pacific > Australasia > New Zealand
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > 20th Century
- Books > History > Europe > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Europe > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Military History > Strategy, Tactics & Military Science
- Books > History > Military History > Wars, Battles & Campaigns
- Books > History > North America > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > North America > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > World History > 1901-1913
- Books > History > World History > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence > War & Defence Operations