- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Fairview Darling Chenin Blanc 2015 Wine 75 cl (Case of 3)
|Price:||£32.70 (£10.90 / 75 cl) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£0.27 (1%)|
- Intense pear aromas with floral notes on the nose and soft straw undertones
- Opulent pear and tropical fruit continue on the palate with well-integrated freshness
Customers Also Shopped For
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
Fairview Darling Chenin Blanc has intense pear aromas with floral notes on the nose and soft straw undertones. Opulent pear and tropical fruit continue on the palate with well-integrated freshness. The lees contact adds generous mouth feel and length.
The grapes for this wine are from a bushvine vineyard on the west facing hills outside Darling, at approximately 300m above sea level. The vineyard was planted in 2001 on Richter 99 rootstock and is dryland farmed. The soil in this vineyard is decomposed granite, differentiating it from the surrounding vineyards which are mainly oakleaf soils. The crop was thinned down to two bunches per shoot.
The fruit was destalked and lightly crushed into separator tanks. Only the free-run juice was used for this wine and it was allowed to settle for two days. The clear juice was racked off and fermented using Vin 7 yeasts at approximately 12°C. Fermentation lasted 20 days. Once completed the wine was left on the fine lees for several months prior to bottling. No malolactic fermentation was allowed. It comes with the vintage information as follows: Vintage: 2013: Winemaker: Anthony de Jager: Consultant Winemaker: Charles Back: Closure: Stelvin: Alcohol (ABV): 13.5%.