Fair Division: From Cake-Cutting to Dispute Resolution Paperback – 7 Mar 1996
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'In this remarkable book, Brams and Taylor bring to the attention of social scientists a literature thus far confined to puzzle-solving and other mathematical magazines. The book's emphasis on Envy-Freeness will please economists; numerous practical mechanisms for negotiation will appeal to the political scientist and the lawyer; finally, Brams and Taylor's original fair division procedures are of interest to all researchers.' Herve Moulin, Duke University
'… explains everything a layperson might need to know about fair division … lawyers should love the book'. Discover
Cutting a cake, dividing up the property in an estate, determining the borders in an international dispute - such problems of fair division are ubiquitous. Fair Division treats all these problems and many more through a rigorous analysis of a variety of procedures for allocating goods (or 'bads' like chores), or deciding who wins on what issues, when there are disputes.See all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
For those accustomed to reading mathematics or economics, this book is readable. For the layperson, it might be a little bit too technical in spots. While it has many practical examples, it isn't really a fair division manual for the do-it-yourselfer. But it's as close as you're going to get, for now.
Roger F. Gay, Project Leader Project for the Improvement of Child Support Litigation Technology [...]
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Macroeconomics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Theory & Philosophy
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Negotiation
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance
- Books > History > Social & Economic History
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Structure & Processes > Elections & Referendums
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences