The Facet Information Literacy Collection: Improving Students' Web Use and Information Literacy: A Guide for Teachers and Teacher Librarians Paperback – 20 Nov 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"This should be added to everyone’s professional bookshelf and their library collections for others to access. More than one would be preferable in a school library so that those keen staff members who have been inspired by their teachers can take it, digest it and use it." - Access "...well laid out and clearly written...a valuable resource...I would recommend this book to librarians, teachers and school managers who want to ensure their students have the information skills they will need in today's society." (New Library World)
"Each well-structured chapter follows the same format stating clearly its scope, with individual introductions followed by helpful headings, and completed with conclusions re-emphasising the coverage, supported by lists of references. There is of course a comprehensive index, and the chapter references are compiled together to form the bibliography, which in itself makes for an interesting read...here is a book that should be passed around the staffroom to various members whether they are practitioners and teachers or those deciding on the curriculum content." (eLucidate)
About the Author
James E Herring PhD MA(Lib) MA(Hons) is a Lecturer in Teacher Librarianship at the School of Information Studies, Charles Sturt University, Australia who teaches from his home in Scotland for most of the year. He is an internationally acclaimed authority on information literacy and ICT in schools.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Classroom Management
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching Aids & Educational Material
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Teacher Training
- Books > Reference > Library & Information Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences