- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons (12 Feb. 1996)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0632039175
- ISBN-13: 978-0632039173
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 0.9 x 27.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,885,252 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Fabric, Form and Flat Pattern Cutting Paperback – 12 Feb 1996
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Publisher
* No other pattern cutting book considers the effects of individual fabrics.
* Getting the right cut for the right fabric is the key to good design.
* As many new fabrics become available, an understanding of the relationship between the design and the character of the fabric has become essential.
* The new edition takes account of important new developments in fabrics new fibres, new methods of fabric construction and new fabric finishes.
* Provides a creative base for Winifred Aldrich's other pattern cutting books. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Inside Flap
One of the more difficult aspects of a designers training is learning how to create patterns that make full use of the characteristics of individual fabrics. This book discusses the factors that need to be considered and offers a unique, practical method for solving some of the problems that will be encountered.
The Second Edition has been particularly directed at student learning. It continues to demonstrate the importance of identifying particular fabric qualities, but has now introduced simpler methods of fabric assessment to encourage students to estimate the handle of fabrics.
Other revisions include updated technical information on new fabric developments, and an extra section has been added on figure poses to help students produce accurate and proportionate technical drawings of garments.
Winifred Aldrich was Professor of Clothing Technology at The Nottingham Trent University. She continues to research and write on the history and the current practices of pattern cutting technology. Her books on pattern cutting have become bestsellers.
Other books by Winifred Aldrich
Metric Pattern Cutting
Metric Pattern Cutting for Childrens Wear
Metric Pattern Cutting for Menswear
Pattern Cutting for Women's Tailored Jackets
Cover design by Simon Witter --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.See all Product description
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Fashion
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Textiles
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Fashion Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Graphic Arts
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle
- Books > Home & Garden > Crafts > Needlework & Fabrics
- Books > Home & Garden > Crafts > Printmaking