- Visit the Cat Clothing & Accessories Store for a huge selection of cat collars, leads, coats and jumpers from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Cat Store for great offers on cat food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Cat Treats Store for a huge selection of cat treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Cat Flap Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular cat flaps.
- Visit the Cat Litter Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular cat litters.
Other Sellers on Amazon
FURminator Short Hair DeShedding Tool for Small Cats
|Price:||£17.80 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Reduces shedding up to 90%
- Stainless steel deShedding edge reaches deep beneath your cat's short topcoat to gently remove undercoat and loose hair
- FURejector button cleans and removes loose hair from the tool with ease
- Used and recommended by veterinarians and professional groomers
- Guaranteed to reduce shedding better than any brush, rake or comb
- Effectively reduces hairballs, keeping your cat healthier and happier^Recommended by veterinarians to help prevent dangerous hairballs from developing^Reduces shedding up to 90%^FURejectorTM button cleans and removes loose hair from the tool with ease^Guaranteed to reduce shedding better than any brush, rake or comb
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Pets will always shed, and as long as they live indoors, pet parents will need ways to reduce pet hair. That's why FURminator shedding solutions are revered by pet parents as the gold standard for pet hair control. The effectiveness of the extensive line of deShedding tools provides the rights solution for every shape, size and type of pet.
FURminator deShedding Tools eliminate the frustration associated with shedding, and they keep coats healthy and beautiful. In addition the keep pets comfortable and safe. Up to 2/3 of the hair that a cat sheds is ingested during grooming, resulting in hairballs that are messy, stressful to the cat, and the cause of potentially serious problems. FURminator deShedding tools eliminate every concern associated with shedding for all pets, and that's why both pets and pet parents love FURminator
- deShedding edge reduces shedding up to 90%
- Prevents hair from matting and eliminates hairballs in cats and small animals
- Invigorates skin and strengthens hair follicles
- Stimulates natural oil production, which protects skin and promotes healthy, skiny coats
- FURejector button releases hair with ease making deshedding easier than ever
Short Hair Model for short haired cats under 4.5kg. Features a 4.45cm deShedding edge designed for coats shorter than 5.1cm.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 0:41 Mins|
I use the Furminator first, then collect any leftover loose hair with a more basic brush (then sometimes give him a final brush with the lint brush, not the sticky one) - see pic. Damp hands can also take off loose fur quite well, if your cat will put up with it. In fact, I furminated my cat the other day when he'd been outside and got quite wet. Surprisingly, it was actually much easier to do with his fur damp. It collected in the furminator more easily and didn't blow about the room. I doubt he'll let me get him that wet, but perhaps a stroke with damp hands before furminating will help.
I'd recommend not wearing fleecy clothing while furminating, as the fur is very light and fluffy and tends to go everywhere and stick to everything. I usually need to hoover after. I tend to use my fingers to pull the fur from the brush, as my cat's fur is way too light/fine to be ejected using the little button.
If your cat is nervous of it, it's not sharp so it's quite safe to let them have a good nose around it and rub up against it so it smells of them (if your cat tends to chew a lot, you could always leave the plastic guard on while they investigate it). Associating it with strokes, and relaxing time, and treats is also helpful. I wouldn't recommend brushing when your cat's in a playful mood, as they'll use the brush as a toy. It's best to sit and stroke them for a few minutes and start it when they're relaxed.Read more ›
Anyway, as the charming Molly is not too large or fluffy we went for the small/short hair version which turned up in a matter of days thanks to amazon. After being hacked out of the packet I was immediately very impressed by its sturdy and weighty construction, push button hair remover and very comfortable ergonomic handle. This is a quality item compared to those I've previously bought from pet superstores. The actual teeth are slightly blunted to prevent injury/discomfort through over-zealous brushing although the way Molly still grizzles like a kid who's just dropped her ice-cream during brushing you wouldn't have thought it. My mum's cat Spartacus seems to actually enjoy being brushed with this though and I may get the odd purr for my troubles if I'm lucky.
It does a very effective job of removing dead fur but it does not retain it all in the teeth so it's an outside job if you want to keep mess to a minimum. The FURejctor (don't get that one) button is useful if, like me you have to empty the brush whilst holding a feisty cat with the other hand. Overall, I'm really pleased with this. The teeth are a bit less medieval than the wire brushes but seem to remove more hair and the mog definitely feels softer (silky even) after a few brushes and I've noticed she spends a lot less time scratching so is hopefully feeling the benefit herself too. Feels nice, built to last and it's even a groovy colour but just loses a star because of the quite high price and the increase in stray fur compared to other brushes I've used.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
fantastic ...and I expected it to be a bit of a gimmick if I am honest but it really works great. Big plus is the cat loves it too... Read morePublished 23 days ago by Wendy
This product was recommended by the cattery my two cats stay in at holiday timeand! It is brilliant for getting through the fur and removing the shedded hair. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Lis Jackson
My cat really hated other brushes, but from the minute I started using the FURminator, he even started purring. He sits in front of it sometimes saying that he needs a brush. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Timea Szabo
So surprised the amount of fur this got out the cat was shocking, her fur looks and feels so much better to,Published 1 month ago by tracey long
My cat LOVES this brush! I got loads of loose fur out of his coat and he looks so much silkier. He rolls around purring whenever I use it on him then falls asleep!Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer