Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Ultimate Edition|Change
Price:£1.95 - £99.99

on 29 September 2013
I am a bit of a FIFA fan having bought nearly every FIFA since 2001. This is a great game but like any FIFA it takes a while to adapt to the style of play. They have done a great job improving the menu's and navigation as it looks truly superb. The new skill games are also very fun like always. The new items you can purchase with your ea points are also good but i was hoping they would have coin booster items for UT like they did on FIFA 13 but unfortunately not.

The game play is very slick, for me i think it's a LOT harder than the previous FIFA, and i am a division 1 player. Turning and control has been designed to be sensitive so one wrong movement and the ball is gone. Shooting has also been made a bit harder. When running with the ball you'll find it hard to shoot, so the best way is "Not" holding the run button. However making it a harder game only means you have to be more skilled to play which overall once you've grasped the concept for controls and play then it will separate out the PRO's from the beginners.
on 4 April 2014
My son wanted to spend his birthday money on this only to find out when opened the codes are out of date - so might as well of bought the normal FIFA 14 for half the price. One truly disappointed son= one angry mother :((
on 5 October 2013
Received the Ultimate edition Fifa game today. My son says it's great, but we did have some problems redeeming the ultimate code included. It kept saying that the code is invalid! What worked in the end (my son tells me) was going to the place where one usually redeems microsoft point giftcards. We input the code there, including the hyphens and presto: ultimate gold packs appeared! A happy son. Hope this helps someone out there...
on 29 July 2015
Bought from SC-WHOLESALE. AVOID THIS PRODUCT. They charge you 14-15 pounds when the standard is 9-10 pounds. They do this because its the Ultimate* Edition. Its half in Japanese/Chinese and its the English version WTF? This is a Western game FFS! The codes all expired March 2014 so there is no point what so ever to buy this! What a waste of bloody money! Just go buy Fifa 15 for 20 quid.
on 13 October 2013
I ordered just the afternoon before release day, and we received it evening of the release day. So brilliant service (5 stars can be given for that) from Amazon.

Surprised how the price has dropped in price by £12 so quickly within 2 weeks (I think we paid about £58).

My son says he is very happy with it so far and that the layout is better. He says the gameplay is slightly better than Fifa 13 and that there is a better feel to the whole game (whatever that means). He was surprised when I told him about some of the very negative reviews.

He had no problems using the Ultimate Team code, but he only used the code two days after getting the game.
on 25 March 2014
If you are a slow person and only now looking at buying FIFA 14 - don't!

My friend used to play FIFA 13 and it looked great, so i bought this for him. He played it and immediately commented on how poor it was - slow response, no pace in the game, poor tactical responses etc etc

Better to stick with FIFA 13 or wait for FIFA 15
on 28 September 2013
I love football games and was a big fan of Fifa 11/12/13 but 14 has ruined series for me due to clumsy, slow, unresponsive gameplay. The matches have very little flow and way to easy to score from headers/corners.

I'm disappointed EA...
44 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 September 2013
I love the Fifa game franchise and Fifa 14 is probably the best Fifa game for a while. The AI doesn't seem to cheat like it did in 13, the AI for the user and computer teams seem to be smarter (which is a god send as it now feels like a football game), I like the way the players move in terms of us trying to feel how the player moves on the pitch rather than being computerised (quick players don't control the ball amazing like they used to so they don't always run onto goal), no more freezing in the pause menu yay and best of all there are new bits to the commentary and you get Geff Sterling :).

The downsides to this game though are trying to loan players out is so much harder as teams don't seem to want players on loan now so your stuck with more players, you can bring youth players into the main team but they won't get a lot better from League 2 to the Premier League even if they have had an amazing season (my goalkeeper McSheffrey youth player 1 and a half years been the only keeper and in that time I got promoted from League 2 to League 1 and in League 1 he has got 5 clean sheets already and 2nd in the table and yet he has gone up by 1-3 times), and the transfer market what have they done you can't see how good a player is even when you get your scout to fully scout them.

Overall it is a lot better than the last few Fifa's but transfers and youth players are a problem.
on 19 November 2013
My son loves football and just loves the fifa games. They are brilliant for every age to play and help people get along. We recently had a Spanish penpal visit and thanks to Fifa he soon settled well and was part of the family. The universal language !
on 19 October 2013
I bought this for my husband he likes opening his packs so I thought this would be great as you get free ones the game itself seems OK I carnt really say as I don't play it but he's never off it so it must be worth the money

See one answered question