on 13 September 2014
Does the job as advertised and connects my MacBook Air to my TV.

It's solid, but best described as rough around the edges. The white plastic casing has little gaps between the metal and isn't particularly well finished.

I have tried it out, but didn't get the high definition experience I was expecting. I also have a genuine Apple VGA connector and my TV has both HDMI & VGA ports. Picture quality was definitely better from the VGA. The HDMI cable produces a picture that looks rough around the edges and cannot match the quality of the VGA cable.

I can say if this is directly related to the quality of the product as I haven't a genuine Apple HDMI cable to compare it would have expected either the same or better quality compared to VGA. For the time being I am sticking with the old adapter and leaving this one in the bag just in case I come across a screen with no VGA port.
on 27 July 2014
I bought this 10 days ago and its already broken. It didn't play sound out of my TV automatically like the one i had previously borrow from my brother (couldn't remember where he bought it from so i couldn't purchase the same one)

It didn't fit the 1080p screen.
It wouldn't play sound through my tv without having to change setting every time.
Now 10 days later from buying it the port detached from the cord exposing all the wires.

Not impressed.
on 27 March 2014
This product does not allow sound to be transmitted through to the TV, meaning that you can view a film from your laptop on your TV but the only sound comes out of your laptop directly. I was hoping that it would do both.
on 15 May 2014
works well, don't forget to switch on the enable mirroring on your mac book. My macbook is mid june 2009, and it works fine. No sound but for that you need a newer mac.
on 16 August 2014
Worked fine for a week. Cover on HDMI connector comes off easily, silicon over the wiring connections not applied well, three broken solder joints now...
on 28 March 2014
Plugged n played on my son's mac right out the package. Good pic & sound quality - no glitches & connected well to a Panasonic Viera TV
on 20 August 2014
It works as promised, good material and good signal. I can't complain about this product, very happy with it at least for now.
on 22 May 2014
arrived and is good quality and once plugged in automatically connects so happy with purchase was what i needed thanks
on 3 July 2014
Does what it says on the box and delivered on time
on 19 September 2014
Yes it worked first time very pleased.