Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's
Customer Discussions > F1 2012 (PS3) forum

F1 2012- Any good?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Sep 2012 17:07:47 BDT
mabircher says:
I really enjoyed the F1 2010 game, and then the F1 2011 game when that came out. I was really excited about 2012 at first when I was watching the videos Codemasters put on YouTube, but when I downloaded the demo I was disappointed. Immediately I thought that the brakes were shocking, and i just kept going straight on the first corner. I stuck with it and can sometimes get the brakes right. Did anyone else find this problem, or do I just need to play around with the brake bias?

I also found little niggly bits that annoyed me- like the auto braking when you miss a corner. Does anyone find this annoying or in the game is it insignificant?

It also seems dumbed down to attract more people t the game. I can't quite work out why but it seems to be more simple and less immersive. How does everyone else find it?

My last question is more simple- is this game worth the money?

Posted on 24 Sep 2012 21:30:44 BDT
Marty J says:
i dont normally write things, but ive just bought 2012, really looked forward to it i had 2010 but not 2011 things that i hated on 2010 was the dumb ai, and some off camber
bits i could never get right, i used to use professional level and got to 2nd in the career mode, so i got 2012 loaded it, i honestly dont think its worth the hype
i dont like the menu system, some of the graphics dont look any better than 2010 if im honest but i find it so much harder but not in a good way, ive had it 4 days and really not that keen, but trying to persist with it, im way off the pace the car seems to behave in a weird way i dont feel as connected to it than i did 2010,

it also seems to take ages to restart the session if you screw up, by adding in fancy shots, which you cant skip.. so far im not a fan., dont get me wrong, 2010 drove me nuts when i was doing a good qualifying sess then some dork drove into me, the ai is loads better on this but other than a few fancy bits im not convinced
might be just me
but i wished id had save 32 notes. ill keep trying with it and keep u posted.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Oct 2012 19:21:22 BDT
mabircher says:
Thank you very much, that was very helpful. I'll save my money then!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  F1 2012 (PS3) forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  23 Sep 2012
Latest post:  1 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
F1 2012 (PS3)
F1 2012 (PS3) by Codemasters Limited (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars (156)